PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To form part of the leadership team of Kendo Brands UK, setting the vision, marketing and sales strategy for the brands in the UK and Ireland in collaboration with the General Manager.
- Create and deliver marketing plans for designated brands across all retailers
- Define and deliver on retail sales and net results for the UK and Ireland in line with global strategy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key retailers
- Manage and develop the brands in-market teams
- Overall accountability for the brand P&L
- Develop, implement and analyse Brand and Trade Marketing Strategies.
- Recommend overall strategy with the relevant trade-marketing programmes across all retail partners and corresponding budget investment, trading terms and conditions to ensure sales growth and profitability per brand.
- On approval from General Manager, interpret and delegate business objectives into individual quantitative and qualitative targets to implement all plans.
- Forecast sell-in targets for basic, promotions and new products by retailer and translate these into action plans to ensure targets are met.
- Analyse sales and financial results and make recommendations to address any relevant risk or opportunity.
- Full budget responsibility for the department.
- Negotiate trading terms across all retailers.
- Work with the finance department to ensure accounts of all company targets are met including DSO, level of discounts and returns and level of stock per account.
- Manage the relationship with the Supply Chain team to ensure efficiency.
- Manage the sales team
- Manage the Marketing team to achieve brand and trade marketing goals.
- Manage the National Accounts team of "first in class" negotiators with a strong retailer driver mentality.
- Inspire the in-market team to deliver excellence in retail, wholesale and online.
- Continually review structure and processes to reflect brand ambition and recommend any necessary changes.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for Kendo Brands UK with all retailers and external contacts
Organise and deploy key communication processes internally with the team, key stakeholders and externally with retailers to ensure awareness and efficient implementation of programmes and projects.
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Management and development of a commercial/marketing function
- Commercial Strategy and Negotiation
- Strong People Management skills
- P&L management
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate and articulate vision at all levels
- Creative and innovative
- Creative and innovative
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a senior management role
- Multi retailer, multi brand experience
- Experience of UK retail market place
- Experience within the luxury, premium cosmetics business
- Personal affinity with brand and products
- International experience is advantageous, but not essential
- Presence and a charismatic style of leadership
Key Leadership / Managerial Skills
- Customer and relationship focused
- Managing vision and purpose
- Team player
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive