MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Senior Director, Package Development, will oversee and manage the team of Package Development and Engineering. They are to ensure timely and cost-effective launches and business activities that align with fresh's requirements of the client and Company, while meeting the brand's aesthetic and quality. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Director, Packaging Development will take the lead in identifying new and improved methodologies, packaging components, innovation and processes resulting in effective cost-reduction and harmonizing programs for new and/or existing products.
- Ensure the development and qualification of a wide range of primary and secondary packaging solutions are met for the needs for brand aesthetics, consumer use, manufacturing capability, quality and cost
- Spearhead the, initiation, development, validation and implementation of new and improved packages and processes including: prototype development, engineering specifications, mold qualification, functionality and quality testing
- Lead packaging innovation efforts by exploring new materials and technology, working cross-functionally with Marketing, Product Development, Design and Operations
- Develop and maintain partnerships with third party packaging and component vendors and fillers
- Collaborate with Marketing and Design teams on establishing feasibility for new packaging initiatives/concepts.
- Support Operations cost savings and efficiency initiatives, and quality investigations towards continuous improvement
- Participate in project planning, manage flow of information, follow up and communicate project milestones and associated risks
- Create package component specifications, pre Bills of Materials and Fill & Assembly specifications.
- Conduct package testing procedures and standards to support the effective design, validation, and implementation of new packages and packaging technology
- Coordinate line trials to ensure package performance for manufacturing.
- Attend component and manufacturing startups as needed to ensure proper execution of design & function.
- Validate artwork based on mandatory technical elements and subsequently validate proof per released artwork.
- Research new or emerging packaging trends and technologies.
- BS/BA degree in Package Engineering/Technology/Science or related engineering field
- At least 10 years relevant experience in packaging required; previous experience in managing effective teams
- Demonstrated broad and in-depth knowledge of packaging materials and processes
- Demonstrated success of excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with internal partners and external vendors
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined individual, able to work in relative autonomy
- Proficient PC skills - MS Office software and capable of building presentations on Excel and/or PowerPoint.
- CAD literacy will be a plus
- Able to travel when required by strategic programs
Based in Jersey City, NJ