MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Senior Financial Analyst, Operations Finance will support management of company gross margin by ensuring integrity of cost reporting and providing valuable insights into product cost, cost variances and trends. Reporting to the Director, Operations Finance, the Senior Financial Analyst will be instrumental in improving processes across the Finance Operations function to increase efficiency, as well as assist in special projects and the new product development process.
- Responsible as "system gatekeeper" for new product BOM cost by ensuring that BOMs are complete and accurate in terms of cost, quantity used, scrap % and other factors deemed critical to costing quality.
- Support development of new product costs and cost evolution tracking between Go To Market and Launch phases, in coordination with others, as needed, to ensure timely visibility to pre-launch costing status and understanding of variance to committed estimates.
- Support product change request (ECR) process by engaging with teams to understand existing costs, anticipated costs, impacts and reasons for variances to baseline costs.
- Support visibility to post-launch costing status and determines causes for major variances as required for Top 25 items and others as required.
- Support Marketing team's independent development of preliminary Promo Set financials by facilitating their "master data" needs, maintaining any costing templates and ensuring an effective promo cost process for the team.
- Consolidate all inputs, prepares summaries and maintains updates of major promo program financials including forecast/actual revenue, costs, volumes and weight of promo business by major market.
- Key support for execution of approved product prices in ERP systems by ensuring that approved price changes are maintained by price list and effective date in coordination with HQ Finance and Market requests. Includes: annual price updates, new products, promo programs and event-driven price changes.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and full reconciliation of product prices amongst agreed Master Price Lists and system-based price lists.
- Support analysis, reporting and improvement of cost of goods variances in support of improved inventory provision/scrap, PPV, freight/overhead absorption and work order variances.
- Support preparation of HQ inventory analysis and reconciliations, validation of destruction requests and other reportable inventory-related items.
- Facilitate implementation and execution of budgeting and forecasting processes from an Operations Finance perspective.
- Develop improvements, documents and executes value-added analysis and reporting processes in support of improvement initiatives, expanded Operations Finance scope and decision-making.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Three to Five years of total relevant experience.
- Combination of Big Four public accounting and private industry experience desired.
- Manufacturing, supply chain and/or product costing experience desirable.
- IT Skills: Superior MS Excel skills. Experienced major ERP system user.
- Process review, documentation and improvement skills.
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities.
- Focused on data, process and reporting integrity in support of high quality and timely decision-support.
- Based in Jersey City, NJ
- Limited travel to New York, NY