POSITION: SENIOR KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Commercial Director
DIRECT REPORTS: NONE
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Be responsible to grow the business within your own accounts or categories using a collaborative approach, striving towards mutually beneficial outcomes whilst ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered
- Develop retail sales by negotiating and implementing ambitious activity plan
- Support the Sales team with operational business and ad-hoc projects
- Deliver analyses and reports as requested
- Develop and implement an annual business plan for each account: outlining vision and strategy, activity and investment plan, and detailed retail projections in line with identified targets.
- Forecast and monitor gross and net sales, returns, discount provision and investment required from other departments (e.g. Marketing and Merchandising).
- Manage and enhance the P&L of each retailer
- Strengthen relationship with key contacts within the retailer; arrange and coordinate regular business reviews and strategy meetings.
- Propose and implement improved assortments by key account to ensure most optimal and qualitative representation of the brand in key groups.
- Manage and plan stock holding to optimise retail performance in-line with forecast.
- Build a strong relationship with your key accounts whilst representing Acqua di Parma interests strongly.
- Provide input into the forecasting through data analysis to help hit targets
- Ensure excellent service level to accounts, act as a key point of contact for the accounts you manage / support
- Conduct complex data analysis using large volume of data, being able to spot trends and recognize key growth drivers, use your interpretation of data to create a positive outcome
- Work alongside the Sales/Marketing team to develop strong and creative business plans and negotiate with your accounts to identify sales opportunities
- Input into assisting the team with delivering strong product launches and key trade animations
- Provide account administration and co-ordination
- Build strong relationships with business partners as well as internal stakeholders, with a focus but not limited to the field based area managers and/or business development managers, head office based sales, marketing and visual merchandising teams.
Reports to: Commercial Director
Direct Reports: None
Internal: Sales team, Marketing team, Retail team, Merchandising team
External: Retailers, External agencies / third parties
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
- Confident presentation skills
- Highly organised team player
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Proactive and flexible
- Strong IT capabilities including: MS Office, Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Degree Educated
- Good understanding of retail principles and practices
- Previous sales experience in administration and key account management required
- 6+ years' experience in the Luxury retail sector would be an advantage
- Beauty market experience required
- UK &Eire experience is an advantage
- Management experience is preferred