- To provide high level of financial insights and recommendations where appropriate in the financial reporting and controlling aspects in order to support the commercial teams (sales & marketing).
- Review and analysis of JV accounts vs budget, and reasonableness of data.
- Critically review and highlight issues or potential issues in management accounts in a timely and proactive manner, particular while analyzing trends, KPIs and achievements vs budgets/ targets
- Liaise closely with Sales and Marketing departments in challenging and managing variances vs budget
- Report building and analysis of flows in SAP with objective of enhancing regular reporting to internal and external parties
- Review efficiency and effectiveness of reporting processes and requirements
- To work with MH and Diageo Marketing teams to ensure proper Measurement & Evaluation (M&E) is performed on marketing activations, with proper validation of actual achievements and the KPIs thereof
- Be responsible for the timely completion of Budget, LE and R&O for MH and Diageo in detail, including analytical review of output to ensure reasonableness and alignment with group guidelines and management expectations
- Review, challenge and analyse assumptions used for budgeting purpose for both MH and Diageo jointly with the sales and marketing teams, including reviewing Trade Marketing Budget vis-à-vis consistency with data incorporated into the budgets.
- To ensure the Business Controlling team provide comprehensive supporting data to the accounting team for the preparation of cash flows budget and forecast for both MH and Diageo, ensuring reasonable and realistic assumptions
- To provide timely brand/channel/outlet performance & profitability evaluation and analysis to support the commercial team, so as to allow better business decisions
- To ensure proper validation of actual achievements and the KPIs thereof
- To work with the sales and marketing team to work out the M&E on sales activations where applicable
- To validate FTT claims and accruals to ensure proper supporting documents, in particular sell-out data where applicable, to justify claims in accordance with contracts
- To manage and coordinate the reporting capabilities within SalesForce.com via Qlicksense to support the sales team's business performance reporting, while ensuring data integrity in line with accounting records or other source of input where applicable
- To work with wholesalers and sales team to obtain accurate sell-out data on a timely basis, and to be compiled in a systematic way for ease of analysis and other purposes, including upload into SalesForce.com, Vistex & other relevant database
- To coordinate and manage the sell-in vs sell-out reconciliations with the sales team as well as wholesalers
- To obtain the stock in trade data on a timely basis, and analyzing trends with sales team to provide support for commercial decisions
- To manage and coordinate bottle collection program with contractor, and conduct analysis of bottle collection statistics to be shared with sales team for further action
- To manage the coordination and compilation of Trade Marketing Budgets with the sales team, to ensure reasonable forecast for the yearly budget (V0) and forecasts (V1-V3), as well as proper analytical review and comparison thereof
- To ensure proper administration of outlet contracts to ensure timely and proper execution and recording within the legal guidelines
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Business Studies / Administration / Accounting from a good business school or equivalent. MBA holders preferred.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
Minimum 8 years' experience in FMCG or wines and spirits industry would be advantageous
Minimum 5 years in supervisory/managerial position
High level of commercial awareness, business understanding, awareness of the strategies and tactics in market. Take genuine interest in trade and consumer initiatives
Highly developed analytical skills. Skillful in collecting and organizing data, logically interpreting it and making intelligent conclusions
Strong leadership qualities and team management skills
Meticulous with high level of strict attention to details, at the same time able to manage holistic approach to work
Advanced Excel skills
Strong PowerPoint skills and use of graphics, with the ability to prepare and deliver presentations to senior management
Strong project management skills
Knowledge of SAP and Cognos. Essbase would be a plus
Highly motivated and team oriented
Action and results oriented
Ability to influence decisions and build relationships
Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task well
Strong work ethic, flexibile and ‘can do' approach
"Sense of urgency"
Good communication skills
Independent, entrepreneurial and resourceful - able to work under pressure with minimum supervision