MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Senior Manager, FP&A—Markets Control (APAC) is responsible for overseeing the financial activities of the APAC markets inclusive of Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia and Australia. While providing consolidated results of business and financial performance of the APAC markets, the Senior Manager, FP&A—Markets Control (APAC) will work closely with markets controlling and shared services (SSC) finance teams to drive business growth and ensure proper financial controls and compliance, as well as implement company policies and procedures. Reporting to the Senior Director, FP&A—Markets Control, the Senior Manager will provide financial advice, guidance and support to contribute to the evaluation and execution of business and financial plans across APAC markets. The Senior Manager, FP&A—Markets Control (APAC) is a key communicator between HQ and local finance teams and will partner cross-functionally with Global Marketing, Global Digital and Global Operations teams on global marketing investment analysis and increasing digital initiatives in order to drive business growth in a profitable way.
The Senior Manager, FP&A—Markets Control (APAC) is a communicative team-player, with a service-oriented approach to cross-functional partnerships. Thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, the Senior Manager, FP&A—Markets Control (APAC) embraces challenges and pursues opportunities with a results and solution driven mindset
- Supervise budgets/forecasts/strategic plan process with APAC markets and provide consolidated results of APAC region:
- Review and challenge main assumptions
- Provide support and recommendations to both market controllers and central finance team.
- Lead efforts to improve the analytical rigor of the finance team of each APAC market
- Monthly consolidation of APAC markets performance:
- Manage and review monthly P&L results and comment against Budget and prior year (contribution analysis) for APAC markets,
- Work closely with local controlling teams to understand operations and variance explanations
- Organize monthly APAC P&L review meeting attended by COO & VP, Global Finance
- Address inquiries raised during meetings and follow up with meetings minutes and action plans.
- Manage delivery of performance commitments from APAC markets; identify risks and opportunities, alert the top management and propose acceleration and/or profit protection plans if needed in coordination with APAC markets.
- Review monthly Net Sales rolling forecast from APAC markets and provide qualitative comments.
- Review capital expenditures from APAC markets and provide recommendations
- Review cashflow reporting of APAC markets by working with local controlling and SSC treasury on a quarterly basis
- Review channel profitability of APAC markets and provide analysis & reporting to central management for decision-making on channel expansion/withdraw
- Support APAC markets and Central business on financial projects development including the roll-out to APAC markets.
- Ensure adherence of best practices as it pertains to financial and management reporting while implementing efficiency and cost optimization initiatives
- Partner with Global Marketing teams on marketing investment planning and optimization in order to drive product profitability improvement and support new product launch strategy
- Partner with Global Operations Finance team to improve SOP process; improve forecast accuracy and reduce obsolete costs
- Partner with Global Digital team to establish KPI dashboard and provide financial simulation and analysis for decision making on digital initiatives and digital channel development
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis as required
What you will learn in the first 6 months:
- Financial reporting and planning process, tools and KPIs at fresh HQ, regional and market level
- Business and financial goals of fresh APAC region, inclusive of both the long-term vision and mid-term/short-term goals
- Market knowledge and fresh strategy & approaches in a diversified, dynamic and highly competitive region
- Engage in marketing and digital budgeting and post-investment analysis at central level
What you will achieve in 12 months:
- Work closely with APAC market finance for each monthly closing
- Deliver monthly consolidation of APAC markets performance and organize monthly review meeting attended by COO & VP, Global Finance
- Review monthly Net Sales rolling forecast from APAC markets and provide qualitative comments
- Manage 2021 Budget revision of APAC markets
- Build trusting relationships with cross-functional partners at all levels
- Seven to eight years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Controlling and Reporting
- BS Finance or Accounting required, MBA or CPA preferred
- Significant experience in Finance within consumer goods; beauty industry preferred
- Experience working within the APAC Markets
- Demonstrated strong technical financial skills
- Experience with consolidation process
- Strong communication and influencing skills, ability to lead a global team
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills, focus on accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail
- Self-driven with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Excellent in Excel, experience with Microsoft AX and Magnitude is a plus
- Flexibility to accommodate meetings on APAC time zone on a weekly basis
- Fluent in English
Based in Jersey City, NJ