MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Senior Manager, FP&A—North America, will be responsible for overseeing the P&L, budget, and financial reporting for fresh US and Mexico. While facilitating the growth of fresh's wholesale accounts, s/he will complete analysis on the topside and by door level, and will support operational areas such as CAPEX, fixed assets, lead loss prevention and reporting. S/he will be the key financial partner to all cross-functional leaders within the North America market in order to ensure consistency and accuracy in sales forecasting and departmental budgeting. The Senior Manager, FP&A—North America will report directly to the Senior Director, FP&A—North America, supporting her as the North America liaison to Global Finance as well as the fresh executive team.
S/he has vast experience working in finance within a wholesale business and is an energetic team-player with strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and a business minded approach in their day-to-day work. S/he can research, interpret, analyze, and report financial data querying from various sources with the ability to actively engage the team to meet its goals and objectives in a timely matter.
The Senior Manager, FP&A—North America will be based in the New York City office.
Main responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Manage and prepare the monthly close review process and reporting, with a dedicated focus on wholesale business in US and Mexico and with oversight of the US Boutiques, com and Canada closing owned by the Manager, FP&A—North America:
- Analyze, manage and review monthly P&L results and variance explanations, preparing comments against budget and prior year for all markets in US, suggesting corrective measures if needed.
- Develop and present P&L commentary for respective businesses within the US and Mexico, inclusive of P&L by retailer
- Work closely with A/R, Sales Admin and Marketing teams, following up all sorts of chargebacks from retailers on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with the FP&A Manager ensuring consistent reporting treatment across all markets and countries.
- Work closely with the Accounting team ensuring the accuracy of the books.
- Prepare monthly Net Sales/P&L comments by channel and retail for top Management
- Develop scorecards that will provide insightful information to executive team (such as, but not limited to AR/DSO sales trend analysis by channel and door - wholesale vs retail and weeks of supply, etc.).
- Prepare monthly Sales Outlook (forecasted sales of the next 3 months), in coordination with Sales and Digital teams, providing a consolidated view and analysis of the performance in North America to Top management (US and Global).
- Manage the delivery of all performance commitments and reporting requests from Global Finance, fulfilling the deadlines established. Coordinate all key parts to make sure that all requests are answered on time and in accurate manner.
- Manage short- and long-term financial planning Budgets / Forecasts (R1, R2, Budget, 3/5 Year Plan) process with the Heads of Departments of US (Marketing, Digital, Sales...): review and challenge main assumptions, provide recommendations.
- Departmental Partnership
- Serve as the key finance partner to all US functional departments involved in the wholesale business, inclusive of Marketing, E-Retail, and Sales Administration
- Own entire Visual Merchandising and Store Design budget communication for all North America to ensure alignment across channels
- Lead meetings with US departmental leaders in order to analyze how their respective budget is trending on a monthly basis as well as during key review periods
- Identify risks and opportunities for each department in order to make well informed decisions in forecasting future budgeting
- Fulfill ad-hoc financial reporting requests from the General Manager, North America as well as department heads.
- Review and prepare capital expenditures requests and provide recommendation following the approval processes in place at Fresh and in LVMH.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis as required and as necessary.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of key deliverables that meet expectations while balancing business needs
- Develop process improvements
What you will learn in the first 6 months:
- You will understand the US wholesale strategy at Fresh, inclusive of both the long-term vision and mid-term/short-term goals
What will you achieve in 12 months?
- You will become an expert in wholesale business in a beauty company in US
- You will be able to provide key financial information to Top Management, that will be the basis of taking decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related field; Master's degree a plus
- At least seven years of experience in FP&A, controlling and reporting in a retail and wholesale environment, ideally in the beauty industry
- Highly business minded
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent in Excel and Power Point required
- Prior experience in Syrus (and/or a similar reporting tool) in AX and Cognos a plus
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Ability to multi task and balance multiple projects at once
- Detail oriented, organized and analytical
- Highest standards of accuracy, organization and precision
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Priority Setting: determines the interrelationships and relative importance of tasks and acts accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; experience communicating with Executive level leadership on a regular basis
- Experience using a very hands-on approach with a positive and energetic attitude.
- Likes challenge and pursues opportunities while consistently highly achieving.
- Punctual and provides clear communication on status