This position plays a critical role in leading the National Accounts team. In this role you will responsible for developing and maintaining exceptional relationships with our retail partners and be the interface between Kendo Brands UK Head Office, National Field Sales Manager, Education team, and Kendo Global. The National Accounts team are responsible for setting, and achieving agreed wholesale targets for all Kendo brands in the UK. As a Senior Manager you will not only directly manage one or more brands/retailer relationships, but also oversee the broader National Accounts team day to day.
- Lead Kendo UK national accounts team
- Set retail and wholesale budgets in partnership with UK Commercial Director
- To achieve agreed retail and wholesale targets for Kendo UK
- To monitor and forecast retail and wholesale performance, adjusting plans as necessary to maximise performance
- To monitor other key KPI's: shipment fill rate, weeks of supply, discounts & returns
- Ensure Kendo UK orders are effectively received and processed by LVMH customer service
- Where appropriate negotiate stock coverage/ par levels for each store/brand
- To successfully sell-in the Marketing Programmes to each of the allocated National Account Groups and maximise store support for these activities.
- Develop and implement activities tailored to each allocated National Account Group as needed and directed to maximise business potential.
- Lead any total Kendo national accounts projects, appointing appropriate resources across team to ensure success
- To maintain effective communication between the field sales and national accounts teams
- Constantly review and improve any work flow processes within the national accounts team
- To monitor and communicate competitor activity and performance within the allocated National Account Groups.
- Implement and complete projects as requested
- Train and develop National Accounts team by setting annual goals and objectives and providing on going coaching
- Coach and develop direct reports to foster a culture personal and professional development, identifying talent and capability and leveraging in market
- Collaborate with peers to develop best practices and drive team performance
- Work with other senior managers within Kendo UK to foster a culture of partnership and collaboration across all functions
- Commercially aware & ability to drive business performance.
- Experience in retail sales management within the National Account sector of the cosmetics industry is essential.
- Experience leading a team
- Experience at National Account level preferable
- Proven track record of managing wholesale sales within the National Account sector.
- Able to manage time effectively and plan in contingencies to ensure targets are met.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills essential, adaptable for delivery to a range of audiences.
- Team player, ability to respond to rapidly changing demands.
- Proficient at Excel.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills.