The Senior Manager, Supply & Demand Planning leads global planning activities related to demand and supply to achieve target objectives of service level, inventory and freight costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate demand, supply and distribution planning activities
Demand planning / Forecasts:
- Lead a team of forecasters to ensure build of accurate demand forecast on all products (sellables, collaterals)
- Share and communicate demand planning / forecast vision and strategy to his/her team
- Maintain forecasts models and tools (Anaplan)
- Develop relationship with markets to get all information needed to build the best forecasts
- Coordinate new product forecasts consolidation. Organize and lead new product forecast meeting with executive management. Provide analysis and constructive feedbacks to markets.
- Contribute to the new product sizing and launch strategy with production.
- Take the appropriate actions over the impact of unexpected events on demand and sales on the planning horizon. Communicate closely with production team to put in place best action plan.
- Manage a team of supply planners based in central office and overseas
- Optimize demand satisfaction with appropriate service & inventory levels, as well as freight costs
- Be a Key stake holder for Service KPI in all markets, track and minimize low stock in cooperation with procurement and production teams.
- Be a Key stake holder of Inventory KPI. Effectively communicate on overstock and scrap to inventory team, propose and manage transfers between DC, validate returns from markets. Track closely consumption of IAS38 items and Promos / one shots.
- Manage DRP processes and confirm the parameters (safety stock + lot size) appropriate with Stock and Service target.
- Ensure best decision in case of product constraints - shortage with production / overconsumption
- Define action plans to improve processes, methods and tools
- Set challenging and achievable goals for each team members
- Recruit, animate, motivate, train and develop teams and potential
Other duties as required
Master or MBA in Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management
Minimum 3 years Supply Chain, Planning or Forecast and/or related experience.
APICS/Forecast training and certification highly desirable
Strong computer and standard desktop application skills
Advanced knowledge of forecast best practice and MRP functioning
Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced dynamic environment with changing demands and priorities
Willingness to accept new responsibilities and challenges
Ability to work effectively across diverse departments; strong communication skills