MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Senior Manager/Associate Director, Asia Operational Marketing - Travel Retail, will be the primary liaison between the Travel Retail (TR) market in accordance with the vision and plan of Global Marketing and Global Retail Excellence. They will be charged with planning and collaborating go-to-market campaigns, generating competitive intelligence and analysis, following local digital and consumer trends, sharing TR market best practices to global partners, and co-developing business strategies. As a champion of building relationships, the Senior Manager/Associate Director, Asia Operational Marketing will promote sharing of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences with TR teams and cross functional partners including global marketing, CRM, retail, education, digital, creative and pricing.
A strategic and creative thinker, the Senior Manager/Associate Director will proactively improve collaboration, communication and effectiveness to meet both global and local business needs.
- Be the subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of the Travel Retail landscape in Asia with a deep understanding of consumer behaviors of traveling Chinese consumers
- Synergize and synchronize the marketing calendar for the Chinese consumer across key markets
- Drive speed to market, partnering cross-functionally to deliver campaign support and leverage tools for TR
- Serve as the subject matter expert of retailers across online and offline channels
- Work with Global Digital teams to support the growth of the International TR ecommerce business and omni-channel initiatives
- Work with Global Retail team to develop education, retail experience, and visual merchandising strategy for campaigns and on-going practices
- Evaluate new growth opportunities across TR channels to maximize the growth in collaboration with the Global Travel Retail team
- Foster collaborative relationships between cross-functional teams and the TR team
- Conduct and present business analysis to support brand strategies against budget processes and market development projects
- Create and present quarterly up to date TR market trends/competitive research to the management team and cross-functional teams
- Segment a specific assortment strategy per channel and liaise in accordance with the local Visual Merchandising and Retail teams for proper implementation and deployment of localized planograms
- Develop a localized commercial strategy per retailer as to the disruptive business environment and consumer behavior changes
What you will learn in the first 6 months:
You will have an understanding of the global strategy and Travel Retail go-to-market execution, inclusive of both the long-term vision and mid-term/short-term goals & activation.
What you will achieve in 12 months?
You will become the expert in Travel Retail, representing their needs and serving as their voice to the Global team. You will see influential results in successful campaigns, application of new initiatives and process improvement, on both global and local teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field; MBA highly preferred, but not required
- Minimum of eight years' experience in a retail and marketing related role
- Previous experience working with Asian markets and in Travel Retail required
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to make fast decisions and necessary corrective actions
- Commercial knowledge acquired from previous experiences in managing key accounts, trade marketing or field role
- Excellent knowledge of retail and consumer behaviors
- Superb communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with various business partners effectively and to manage by influence
- Highly resourceful and flexible with the ability to problem solve in a timely manner
- Strives for excellence in execution
- Proficiency in Mandarin preferred but not required
- Previous experience in the beauty industry preferred but not required
Based in New York, NY