MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Senior Manager/Associate Director, Business Development, Global Retail Excellence will be the primary liaison between the China local market in accordance with the vision and plan of Global Marketing and Global Retail Excellence. They will be charged with coordinating go-to-market campaigns, generating competitive intelligence and analysis, following local digital and consumer trends, sharing China market best practices to global partners, and co-developing business strategies. As a champion of building relationships, the Senior Manager/Associate Director, Business Development will promote sharing of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences with local teams and cross functional partners including global marketing, CRM, retail, education, digital, creative and pricing.
A strategic and creative thinker, the Senior Manager/Associate Director, will proactively improve collaboration, communication and effectiveness to meet both global and local business needs.
- Drive speed to market in China, partnering cross-functionally to deliver campaign support and tools for each market
- Serve as the subject matter expert of China's ecosystem across online and offline channels
- Foster collaborative relationships between cross-functional teams and the local China team
- Synergize and synchronize the marketing calendar for the Chinese consumer across key markets
- Collaborate with Global Online/Digital teams to support the growth of the International Online business and omni-channel initiatives
- Evaluate new growth opportunities across all channels while supporting the existing business need
- Conduct and present business analyses to support brand strategies against budget processes and market development projects
- Create and present quarterly up to date China Market Reviews to the management team and cross-functional teams
- Work with Global Retail team to develop education, retail experience, and visual merchandising strategy for campaigns and on-going practices
- Segment a specific assortment strategy per channel and liaise in accordance with the local Visual Merchandising and Retail teams for proper implementation and deployment of localized planograms
- Develop a localized retail commercial strategy per channel and adapt to retailers per market
What you will learn in the first 6 months:
You will have an understanding of the global strategy and the local go-to-market execution, inclusive of both the long-term vision and mid-term/short-term goals & activation.
What you will achieve in 12 months?
You will become the expert in the local market, representing their needs and serving as their voice to the Global team. You will see influential results in successful campaigns, application of new initiatives and process improvement, on both global and local teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related field; MBA highly preferred, but not required
- Minimum of eight years' experience in a global business development role
- Previous experience working with Asian markets and in Travel Retail required
- Fluency in Mandarin required
- Excellent business acumen and analytical skills
- Results-oriented & ability to make fast decisions and necessary corrective actions
- Commercial knowledge acquired from previous experiences in managing key accounts, trade marketing or field role
- Excellent knowledge of the retail skincare industry and consumer behaviors
- Superb communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with various business partners effectively and to manage by influence
- Autonomous and rigorous
- Highly resourceful and flexible with the ability to problem solve in a timely manner
- Strives for excellence in execution
Based in New York, NY.