Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words "can do", Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Bite and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Senior Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting and inventory planning management activities associated with all brands, retail customers, products and non-sale items. Critical role in supporting the business meet retail and gross sell-in targets by accurate sku level forecasting and supply. It is an interface with the Channel Planning Teams based in Kendo Global Head Office, USA and Regional Paris office; communicating forecasting models created and maintained using business intelligence and forecast information gathered from Retailers, Marketing, Commercial, Merchandising and Finance teams; working closely with XDC (USA Warehouse team), EDC (Regional, Paris warehouse team), Fusion Team (UK warehouse) and LVMH Customer Services team in Hersham, UK. Providing coaching, supervision, direction and support to the Demand Planner.
- Ensure all sku forecasts (products; core, NPD, and POSM/non sale value items) are done on time, re-validated each month to live sales forecasts.
- Achieve Kendo UK forecasting accuracy scores agreed with Regional
- Providing coaching, supervision, direction and support to the Demand Planner
- Monitoring and reporting forecast v orders received, taking action to protect wholesale achievement, and delivering on-time-in-full (OTIF), report achievement of monthly gross target, variances and strategies to improve back to budget.
- Inform all stakeholders of any availability risks of new products, liaise with CPs and EDC to ensure necessary stock for UK market and meeting OCDs.
- Complete retailer new line forms & submit to retailers in line with their timeline requirements
- Support Commercial team with efficient returns management, report variances, attend and provide supporting documentation for underpayments meeting.
- Monthly report to SBMD/Commercial/Marketing on supply chain, inventory planning, OTIF, forecast accuracy, lost sales, OOS, with inclusion in UK Month End Brand Reports
- Communicate, negotiate, secure all/any forecasts modification requests with CP's
- Support Commercial and Marketing teams to meet UK Obsolescence Program targets
- Create and own a Kendo UK dashboard (reporting measure)
- Track safety stock levels, shelf Life expectancy and slow moving products with XDC/EDC to mitigate risk
- Boots RSI super user
- AX super user
UK Commercial Team, Demand Planners, Marketing Team, Finance Team, LVMH UK Customer Service Team, Regional EU, Planning Team, EDC Warehouse, Global Channel Planning team, XDC Warehouse.
- Experience in a similar role in a consumer goods / retail environment
- Supply Chain Planning and MRP understanding
- Team player
- SAP/AX experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess Excel skills at intermediate/advanced level
- Proficient in Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Commercially aware with the ability to analyse information and offer recommendations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook while working in a busy environment