Thomas Pink was founded in 1984 by three brothers, Peter, James & John Mullen whose love of fun and colour offered a new approach to Jermyn Street shirt-making tradition. Under the impetus of our CEO & Creative Director, Thomas Pink is currently in a period of regeneration. With shirt-making as its absolute essence, Thomas Pink will be re-establishing its unique personality.
Joining Pink is the opportunity to embark on a journey of transformation with a collective of talented individuals who embody the values of Creativity & Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Excellence. Thomas Pink is proud to be an LVMH Maison - the world's leading luxury Group.
Thomas Pink has an international presence with two unique flagship stores respectively located on Jermyn Street, London and Madison Avenue, New York.
- To be a product expert in engineering all apparel categories, woven, knit and leather.
- Support and ensure the industrialisation of new product.
- Elevate the performance of our products and the customer experience by implementing quality standards, risk assessments and ultimately elevating our product.
- Ensure IP (patterns) is consistent within the vendor network and captured at HQ.
- Ensure the proper development and industrialisation (Quality / Cost / Lead time) from prototype to production for all categories.
- Participate or manage the different product review meetings and approval process for all categories covered: Proto through to Gold Seal.
- Give input during early development stages.
- Provide quality and technical specifications by category.
- Assess product construction (Risk / Aesthetic / Conception / Cost).
- Drive the product risk management process to identify, assess and mitigate risk.
- Identify opportunities for cost engineering improvement & raw material optimization.
- Define and approve care & content label.
- Define per season the products to be tested to ensure quality standards are met and products are performing.
- Manage the product testing process with external houses.
- Develop relationship with our vendor base.
- Define products to be wear trailed; manage the process till feedback is shared with cross-functional partners.
- Leverage the use of internal systems and trackers for completing product assessment & generating tech packs.
Standardization and technical support
- Creation and management of final product standards and manuals to establish and elevate quality standards (conception, processes...).
- Ensure compliance to quality standards and safety regulations.
- Develop and maintain collaborative end to end working relationships with the vendor base, ensuring timely feedback are provided in cost and quality.
- Provide technical input for vendor selection and rating.
- Provide technical input into product withdraw/recalls & root causes analysis from customer/store feedback.
- Extensive experience within a technical garment role, preferably within luxury.
- Pattern reading and definition.
- Manufacturing experience.
- Testing knowledge would be advantageous.
- PLM experience would be an advantageous.
Competencies and skills
- An excellent communicator with belief and ability across all levels of the business
- Intuitive in communicating across the globe
- Innovative and passionate with unique drive to make it happen
- Organised and efficient
- Educated to Degree level ideally Textile/Chemical/Materials Engineering.
- Excellent Microsoft office (Excel) and Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator) skills.