This role covers the exciting and very prominent Beauty category in our business. It is a Hong Kong-based role.
Strategic Development and Execution
- Assist Stores Operations with development and implementation of division and beauty strategies
- Build close communication with management and communicate location-specific strategies, opportunities and competitive information to all location team
- Develop and maintain close relationships with Beauty Vendors
- Prepare sales and purchase forecasts
- Maximize brand impact at Store level
- Identify opportunities for divisional in-store events
Maximising Brand Impact at Store level
- Implementing worldwide and division specific promotions and evaluating the results
- Monitor stock on hand
- Manage floor space and productivity
- Assist store with visual concepts and signage
- Analysis of monthly reports
- Planning vendor visits
- Assist and support distributor and warehouse teams
- Delivers sales, gross margin and turnover goals for assigned business segment.
- Works closely with the MM, planning, stores operations, warehouse, and distribution partners to develop and manage financial plans for the business segment.
- Encourages and supports the development of our talented people. Offers honest and constructive feedback to team members fostering individual development.
- Develops and maintains a formal plan for self-development and career advancement.
- Identifies and develops emerging brands for the core customers.
- Promotes a "win-win" approach with all key brand partners.
- Maximizes key brands value proposition for our customers by working closely with brands and communicating strategic customer needs.
- Develops assortment strategy for products that are exclusive to DFS or have limited distribution.
- Drives decision-making and problem solving on brand partner issues.
- Degree holder or relevant discipline
- 3 years retail operations/merchandising experience
- Proven experience with merchandising and financial accountability
- Proven experience in buying and inventory management
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong relationship builder
- Needs to be robust person, high energy levels, positive, professional demeanor
- Excellent analytical skills
- The ability to deal and communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- High level of organizational skills
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem solving
- Decision quality
- Presentation Skills