Marc Jacobs International, powered by the creative genius of Marc Jacobs, seeks a Senior Staff Accountant to join the finance team based in its New York City (SoHo) headquarters. Marc Jacobs International is part of the Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH) fashion division and operates in the wholesale and direct to consumer retail markets.
The position reports to the Accounting Manager and works closely with colleagues in A/R, FP&A, Sales and Customer Service teams. Successful candidates will find the position is compensated with a competitive salary supported with a full benefit package. This is an outstanding opportunity for an accountant with 3+ years' experience including: public audit, internal audit or general accounting.
- Assist with various monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries and account reconciliations to support our financial close process and meeting
- Drive process improvements and automate manual workflows to achieve efficiency and scalability
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues, effectively and in a timely manner
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, etc.
- Account for all revenue streams for Marc Jacobs International, including reporting on exceptional sales related transactions
- Participate in the customer settlement process
- Perform bank activity reconciliations and related journal entries
- Perform a daily retail cash tender reconciliation documenting and resolving all variances
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses for management.
- Assist with external audit requests
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance, an active CPA highly preferred
- Should possess 3+ years accounting or audit experience with preference for experiences in fashion, wholesale or retail industries
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate understanding of revenue recognition accounting principles with awareness of risks for reporting, audit or internal control
- Must have strong working knowledge of Excel (vlookup, sumifs, index/match, pivot tables, Excel tables) with strong preference for candidates with ERP solutions like: Microsoft Dynamics AX12, SAP or Oracle
- Excellent verbal skills (written/spoken) both for use in communicating and active listening
- Must be able to independently build analytical reports which can be updated regularly and efficiently capable of presentation to business executives to support relevant, timely business decisions
- Must maintain integrity throughout work product balancing attention to detail with a connection to the big picture
- Provide support for ad-hoc requests from senior management, the FP&A team or the business operations teams; we view accounting as a customer service environment with many internal customers