As a member of the Global Tax department, you will work to manage aspects of the DFS tax functions and mitigate DFS' global tax liability while insuring compliance with all Federal, state and international tax laws and regulations. You will assist DFS' Tax Managers on a variety of tax compliance and advisory projects involving both Singapore and Asia Pacific jurisdictions and work as a consultant to DFS' divisions on a worldwide basis.
You will also act as internal business advisor to identify and analyze tax issues of individual DFS companies and effectively communicate compliance, advisory and cost saving solutions to DFS management.
> Prepare Federal, State and/or City tax computations and returns
- Assist with the preparation and/or review of tax work papers and returns for DFS companies located in Singapore and Asia Pacific
- Prepare or review estimated income tax payments
- Prepare or review quarterly and annual information returns
- Maintain and update the tax compliance calendar
- Review tax depreciation treatment for fixed assets purposes
- Review withholding tax obligations, where applicable
> Assist with analysis and review of DFS' worldwide tax provisions and preparation of the Company's consolidated financial statement tax provision and tax footnote in accordance with local GAAP
> Assist with transfer pricing review and documentation in Asia Pacific. Work with the local country teams to gather transfer pricing information and/or assist with preparing for transfer pricing reviews
> Prepare tax research on Singaporean and international tax issues
> Assist with Federal, state and local tax audits of DFS companies
- Compile documentation and prepare analysis for responses to tax authority information requests
- Work with the local country teams or tax advisers to mitigate audit assessments
- Prepare amended tax filings to reflect audit results and carry-forward adjustments
> Work on tax projects, both independently and as team member
- Accounting degree (B.A.) from college or university.
- 3-5 years tax experience with major accounting firm, large corporation or combination of both.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Word and tax preparation software. Experience with SAP general ledger software a plus.
- Desire to work in a multi-national environment.
- Self-starter who is able to handle multiple priorities, produce quality results and meet deadlines.