Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional terroirs within their appellation and our wineries have all broken new ground by pioneering new or forgotten regions, or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough, but also embodies New Zealand's unique luxury: the luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature's rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating extraordinary wines that express our place, our heritage and our passion.
We are currently looking for a skilled Senior Winemaker to join the team at Cloudy Bay. Reporting to the Technical Director and part of the technical team and tasting committee, you will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of winemaking including development of wine styles and leading a team to ensure the quality of wine is of the highest standard within desired volume parameters.
You will be expected to be a committed and high-performing member of the team in the achievement of the following missions:
- Leading, managing and developing the winery team including performance management, objectives setting, training, mentoring and maintenance of a positive team environment.
- Vision and wine style setting for all Cloudy Bay wines, and team management though from Vintage to blending to achieve this vision with both quality and quantity
- Refining of the viticultural masterplan with particular emphasis on style and quality evolution of Cloudy bay wines working closely with the Technical Director and Viticulturist
- Growth and process improvement management, in conjunction with the Senior operations Manager of the Winery
- Implementation and monitoring of winery operating and capital budgets, being fully involved in strategic planning for the company as well as redevelopment and growth for winery & production.
- Involvement in the development & maintenance of ISO systems for Environment, Health & Safety, Food safety, Quality and other modules as required and promotion of a culture focused on quality
- Representation of Cloudy Bay at the winery and in the markets to Moet Hennessy trade, customers and media, development of strong networks with domestic communities to grow and enhance the Cloudy bay profile and reputation.
- Planning, development and management of all winery building projects and infrastructure redevelopment.
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A Tertiary education in Winemaking, Enology or related field, a Post-graduate qualification in Winemaking or Business Management is desirable
- A proven experience at a Mid or Senior level of management in a large winery environment
- Scientific winemaking and viticulture skills, and the ability to taste and detect wine default
- A collaborative and team oriented approach, complemented by planning and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs
- Analytical, multi-tasking and strategy building skills
- Judgment and mature business skills and the ability to develop trust of Senior Management
- A strong customer focus with an overall commitment to quality
- An actioned orientated, drive for results, integrity and trust attitude
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 28 FEBRUARY 2020