To create value for the brand by building brand equity with the consumer target over the long term and creating tools to support achievement of the annual plan through customers. He/She will recommend, develop and execute the local brand strategies and marketing programmes in line with the global brand strategy. He/She will act as brand ambassador with the trade, press, brand friends and VIPs.
CONSUMER AND BRAND POSITIONING STRATEGIES
- Translate the global consumer ambition "more than a champagne, Veuve Clicquot is an attitude", using local insights, into a deep local consumer understanding that will underpin our digital, PR and partnership activities
- Clarify and apply an understanding of VCP's positioning in championing Women in business and celebrating creativity; to message a legitimate right and contextually relevant premise for the brand
- Support Marketing Manager in strategic development of annual brand plans in accordance with brand, sales and financial targets and in line with global strategies
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to influence global strategies and align on UK strategic direction based on a clear understanding of brand health and market challenges
- Act as a brand champion, responsible for communication and custodianship of brand strategies internally, and influence the commercial agenda of the brand in line with the brand objectives
MARKETING PROGRAMMES/BRAND ACTIVATIONS DEVELOPMENT & EXECUTION
- Design and project manage compelling brand marketing activations that surprise and delight consumers or customers and drive brand desirability. Specifically:
1. leading the development of the Business Woman's Award platform going forwards and landing the activation to deliver
2. leveraging the Veuve Clicquot x Wilderness Partnership to deliver digital engagement, influencer and PR reach that resonates with our defined target consumer(s) and incremental commercial gain on previous years
3. continuing to gain credence for the wine credentials of the brand through targeted PR and influencer activity and through trade ‘gatekeeper' outreach
4. working closely with the trade marketing and on trade sales to implement in-account activity that builds brand image and desirability. Including internal brand training and delivering insightful pitches and sell-in decks.
- Evaluate the performance of the brand activations, proposing improvements and changes as a result of their understanding
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to set objectives with the On & Off-trade sales teams, jointly developing customer strategies for channels and key accounts
- Ensure all programmes are delivered on budget, on time and to a level of excellence in line with brand values
- Inspire, motivate and manage external agencies and internal resources to deliver key marketing programmes including objective setting, excellent execution & evaluation of delivery.
- Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with Global (Maison) Brand Team.
- Track monthly internal volume performance by channel, understanding issues and opportunities to mitigate
- Track external data such as Nielsen and CGA, understanding our performance versus the category and competitors in order to inform strategies and activations
- Work with Jr Brand Manager on the brand A&P budget on a monthly basis in order to land on target at year end
- Understand trade marketing performance vs KPIs, owning the outcomes of the performance of that team
- Fulfil all internal reporting requirements. Work with Marketing Manager to deliver insightful half yearly business reviews with Maison
Education: Degree level
Languages: English, second language is a plus
Professional experience & know how:
- Min 6 years' brand management experience. This could have been gained in drinks / spirits, the creative arts or luxury industry. Preferably with understanding of the on and off trade markets.
- Familiarity with the UK cultural scene including luxury, trends, food and drink.
Personal & interpersonal skills :
- Cultural knowledge and curiosity with a drive to explore the London cultural scene
- A flair for creativity and a strong luxury mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
- Drive for results / perseverance
- Team player capable of handling stakeholders of all levels
Technical & management skills :
- Ability to lead the agenda across the full marketing mix across with a focus on partnerships, digital, PR, Influencer strategy and BTL (working closely with functional specialists (digital / PR) as necessary)
- Budget Management
- Numerate & commercially aware
- Financial understanding
- Business acumen
- Good digital understanding & knowledge
- Structured and capable of dealing with several tasks simultaneously
- Ability and adaptability to work in an ever-changing multi-cultural environment
- Be the custodian of the brand DNA, Consumer proposition, Tone of Voice and Look and Feel
- Support trade marketing and sales teams with customer sell in decks
- Work closely with the customer service team and logistics.
- Oversee POSM orders and usage, including regular strategic reviews of inventory.
- Regularly spend time in trade, spot and gain support for opportunities for commercial growth of the brand.