Responsible for execution of seamless renovations, relocations, and new store openings in both new and existing markets on a project-by-project basis. Ensures that new retail construction meets corporate specifications and is ready for opening on a timely basis. Directs all planning, purchasing, logistics and construction activities including site evaluations, budgeting, and coordination with consultants and vendors.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and manages the budget and timeline of all store development and construction projects.
- Management of all retrofits and upgrades at existing boutiques
- Communicate and coordinate with local and HQ internal departments to ensure all project schedules are achieved - Partner with Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Operations, Facilities, Loss Prevention etc to include all local business related needs.
- Adhere to project timelines/schedules - exhibit exceptional time management capabilities
- Maintain department schedule and status report for all projects
- Maintain procurement process for all projects incl. producing vendor orders and processing invoices.
- Coordination of all capital and expense projects as directed including but not limited to vendor coordination and compliance, administration of bid process, administration of change orders, and internal department coordination
- Coordinate all new store construction utilities set-up
- Manage all contractors and Dior vendors.
- Create, maintain and track all project correspondence
- Identify/create tools necessary to support the project management process.
- Coordinate temporary and permanent office/store relocations. Partner appropriately with internal departments and external vendors and communicate in a timely and effective manner.
- Propose/identify ways in which the department can increase effectiveness - eliminate and or streamline the process at every opportunity.
- Monitor and report capital costs for all projects.
- Track and review project budgets
- Maintain historical cost database (budget, analysis, actuals)
- Maintain all fixtures, fittings, and equipment inventory as needed.
- Maintain established communication protocol relating to: projects, budgets, costs, schedules and vendor qualification
- Maintain confidentiality, discretion and professionalism in all correspondence.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with both internal and external partners.
- Maintain an objective perspective in managing adversity.
- Ensure communication protocol to other corporate departments and Store Ops on all department activities.
- Liaise with LVMH partners on all related projects to ensure best practices, high-level execution and cost efficiency.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Comfortable in making autonomous decisions in a timely manner
- Ability to react quickly to change
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to operate all equipment and programs necessary to perform the job
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or related Engineering Field
- 10 years minimum of applicable luxury retail experience with P&L responsibility
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Analytical and project management skills
- Written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Judgment and mature business skills; the ability to develop trust of Senior Management
- Computer skills (MS Office preferred)
- Ability for frequent travel