Work with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams across P&C Brands and Corporate on spend management and process improvement initiatives. Responsible to deliver and implement category - specific strategies, drive strategic sourcing activities including; negotiations, contract pricing, SLAs and process improvements. Perform continuous market analysis to achieve market intelligence capabilities and analyze trends for specific projects to yield best in class and identify new innovation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for purchasing, package development, and project management activities for the LVMH P&C Brands in North America.
- Support Sr. Director of Purchasing in process optimization and continuous improvement.
- Assure timely and cost effective launches of Merchandising, Print, and POSM materials. Determine program viability and opportunity.
- Interface with corporate teams in Paris, local brand designers, Merchandising, Purchasing Associates, and various suppliers. Present to management business solution proposals.
- Execute successfully specifications ready for the bidding process.
- Maintain development and implementation calendars, adhering to timelines.
- Track development and lifecycle of projects across the LVMH P&C Brands. Create and manage through the use of Gantt Charts.
- Drawing approvals, artwork, copy approvals, prototype and preproduction sample approvals to support on time deliveries.
- Maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends within the Purchasing & Package Development discipline.
- Structure and negotiate Service Level Agreements and pricing with suppliers. Evaluate performance of suppliers through the use of the Supplier Score Card.
- Upon request, manage special projects from concept (sourcing, bidding, award of business) to completion (development, production, delivery).
- Implementing final specifications in the areas of Merchandising, Print, and POSM materials.
- Manage projects, including: planning, flow of information (development calendar), and communicate project time lines.
- All other job-related activities.
Qualifications & Skills REQUIRED:
- 7+ years of experience in purchasing, strategic sourcing for Print, Digital, Visual Merchandising and Store Design in the luxury industry
- Bachelor's degree in Business
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Dynamics AX (Version 2010 preferred)
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Able to manage ambiguity
- Able to influence internal customers and manage change
- Able to develop successful relationships
- Knowledge of Social Compliance Guidelines