General Purpose of Position:
A Stock Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the store's inventory and stock areas as per Company standards, minimizing stock loss, maintaining organized records, ordering supplies, adhering to housekeeping standards, handling merchandise appropriately, controlling expenses, and safeguarding company assets by following proper inventory control procedures and share best practices between all the stores and leased boutique.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Daily Management of the Stock:
- Ensure that all shipping and receiving functions that affect the store inventory are processed accurately by verifying purchase orders and ticketing, and auditing the validation and verification reports.
- Maintain an orderly and neat stock and receiving area as well as the general maintenance of the store, ensuring merchandise is properly ticketed and sensored.
- Participate in all inventory and cycle counts.
- Arrive to work at designated time and work full designated shifts
Stock Control in line with CD Procedure:
- Ensure the accurate processing of all inbound freight, returns-to-vendors (RTV's), chargebacks, transfers and damages based on Company policies and procedures
- Oversee compliance of receiving practices with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, security, and record-keeping procedures.
- Communicate with central distribution and/or the corporate inventory control department.
- Participate in store meetings and training seminars as necessary
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in completing price changes within the boutique.
- Assist in packing or wrapping customers' merchandise, when necessary
- Help solve problems and make informed suggestions that affect the service, and productivity of the receiving area.
- To supervise, manage and train stock controllers to master all stock procedures.
- To train and prepare all staff for stock takes.
Security/Health and Safety:
- To ensure that the stock is appropriately security tagged to prevent theft by customers and that the Company procedures on security in relation to theft are adhered to.
- To ensure the stock is secured.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide information to all associates, corporate personnel and customers
- Ability to handle receiving operations effectively, including proper handling of merchandise
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
- Previous retail stock management experience, numeric skills
- Multi taskimg
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job, including phone systems, inventory-control computer systems, sensor-tag remover, and all other office equipment.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails heavy lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Willingness to adhere to all company policies, procedures, regulations, and standards.
- Previous retail stock/shipping/receiving experience