The Travel Retail Store Designer is responsible for overlooking Store Design projects execution and operations to implement it in all airports / border shops / cruises in the region; ensuring a consistent and highly qualitative execution of the brand, respecting the image strategy and brand guidelines.
- Flagship and A projects (designed in collaboration with Dior headoffice)
B and C projects (locally designed)
Project brief creation, with commercial team.
First design proposal (SKETCHUP & AUTOCAD: Layout plans, Elevations, Sections and Technical Details)
Presentation and approval of designs with Area Managers, Retail Managers and Operators.
Bidding phase with suppliers, in collaboration with Dior headoffice Purchasing.
Budget follow up - Timeline follow up - Quality control.
Production drawings review and approval with manufacturers.
Coordination with Operators and drawings approval.
Supervise fabrication of counters with weekly report / pictures and factory inspections.
Internal coordination with Marketing department / Visual Merchandising department / Retail Managers.
External coordination with Airport authorities / Duty Free Operator / suppliers.
Supervise logistics and transportation of each projects.
Supervise installations (on site or not) and report all steps to manager.
Prepare and communicate to the team installation reports with pictures.
Maintenance of all point of sales after installation.
- Roll-out of specific furniture in the region
Payment and follow-up of all suppliers in collaboration with finance team.
- Technical training of external suppliers
Active participation in the design and organization of special regional events and meetings.
Travels approximately 20%-30% of the time (depending on amount of projects per year) to visit the suppliers, stores and attend at least 1 international meeting a year.
Based in the regional office in downtown in Miami, Florida
- At least two years of experience in Store Design, Retail Architecture
- Degree in Architecture/ Interior Design
- Creative (layout and furniture design)
- Proficient in AUTOCAD, Photoshop and Sketch up
-Strong Project Management Skills
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
- Problem solver, Hard-worker and rigorous
- Good Communicator - both verbal & written
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft office tools
- Strong Operational skills
- Speaks fluently English and Spanish (Portuguese and French can be a plus)