It's a very exciting time to join LOEWE as we go through a rapid period of growth. If you're a fan of LOEWE this is a fantastic opportunity to join our Soho boutique scheduled to open in Fall 2019.
The Store Operations Manager has the responsibility to support day to day operations and efficiencies in the flagship store, improving processes to support store teams. This role is instrumental in the implementation of brand guidelines and providing solutions and ideas which can create value to the improvement of customer service and retail operations.
The role requires excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to lead and execute projects end to end and cascade to the teams.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify key improvements and operational efficiencies to support the store in protecting product assets against theft and damage and providing transparent reporting to the Store Director and Retail Excellence Operations Coordinator on the monthly findings.
- Support the store Manager to drive best practice and optimum processes.
- Responsibility to skill up the Stock Controllers in the store.
- Identify gaps in the knowledge of store operations and develop them.
- Support Store Director and Retail Excellence Operations Coordinator with stock loss targets by implementing new policies and procedures in store and act as the first point of contact regarding all stock management/replenishment and related processes.
Education and Experience
- Education: to Degree level or above will be preferred
- Experience: minimum of 5 years' experience in Luxury Retail, minimum of 3 years' managing people
- Software: Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
- Good team player and ability to work on own with high levels of motivation
- Knowledge of USA Retail Laws, security and Health and Safety Legislation
- Ability to effectively and successfully lead and manage a team
- Strong and demonstrable commercial acumen
- A passion for customer service and sales floor focused
- Excellent at working and delivering against deadlines and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise for self and the team and be able to multi task
- Ability to establish a proactive approach in tackling issues and seek to identify and implement solutions
- Proactive and positive in approach
- Able to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers and at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- With the support of the Retail Excellence Operations Coordinator drive best practices concerning optimization of stockrooms and operational excellence.
- Develop the expertise of new and existing Stock Controllers, during their induction and ongoing employment.
- Act as project lead for operational projects, providing support to the store and HQ during their launch.
- Support Store Director and Retail Excellence Operations Coordinator in developing their understanding of key operational processes relating to product flow management and daily store operations.
- Support and work with Store Director and Retail Excellence Operations Coordinator and teams to deliver stock optimisation analysis, reporting and forward planning.
- Supporting the CRM team and Store Director cascade actions and ensuring the client data is captured and qualitative, providing solutions and guidance where we fall short.
- Work with the Store Director and Retail Excellence Operations Coordinator to develop a forecasting tool to assist in their accurate business planning for sales, stock and headcount/payroll projections.
- Assist in the planning and management of new store openings alongside the Store Manager.
- Own relationships with vendors/suppliers and identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve services.
- Work with teams to drive efficiencies through identifying commercial solutions to organise stock, giving consideration to improving fetch times, logical stock room flows and the correct storage of stock.
- Manage the process and compliance of the recording of gifts received and given to/from clients ensuring procedure are followed correctly by managers and the information provided is transparent in line with Company policies and procedures and market legislation.
- Manage Health and Safety compliance in all stores in line with Company policies and procedure and Spain legislation. Ensuring the managers are aware and compliant with their responsibility to ensuring a safe environment is provided to their employees and that the stores complies with all relevant legislation through periodic H&S training, recording of incidents (accidents and near miss), and equipment testing is done and is to standard.
- In conjunction with the Retail Director and Store Director, review product lines weekly and maximize the replenishment potential to drive sales and challenge Merchandising team to maximize potential in the market.
- Work with Retail Director and Retail Excellence Operations Coordinator to monitor all aspects of P&L to reduce cost and efficiency in the store.
- Work closely with Inventory Control to keep up to date the negatives on hand reporting as well as weekly cycle counts and yearly inventory.
- Working in conjunction with the Retail Director and Retail Excellence Operations Coordinator, monitor the progress of the end of season stock for the stores
- Responsible and adherence of policies and procedures and legislative changes.
- Responsible for the facilities in the store
- Review layout and efficiencies of all stockrooms and shop floors
- Manage and develop the Stock Controllers to;
- Strengthen working practices (i.e prioritising)
- Monitor of deliveries flows, request replenishment
- Review of repairs process and paperwork
- Follow up with consignments in the system
- Ensure cycle counts, NOH reports and reporting are done weekly
- Review store systems for packaging
- Identify and communicating new deliveries to the team
- Manage end of season stock