The Store Operations Manager has the responsibility to support day to day operations and efficiencies in the Miami Design District store, improving processes to support store teams. This role is instrumental in the implementation of brand guidelines and providing solutions and ideas which can create value to the improvement of customer service and retail operations.
The role requires excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to lead and execute projects end to end and cascade to the teams. This person will report into the Store Director.
- Minimum of 5 years' Retail experience, minimum of 3 years' managing people
- Software: Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
- Good team player and ability to work on own with high levels of motivation
- Knowledge of USA Retail Laws, security and Health and Safety Legislation
- Ability to effectively and successfully lead and manage a team
- Strong and demonstrable commercial acumen
- A passion for customer service and sales floor focused
- Excellent at working and delivering against deadlines and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize for self and the team and be able to multi task
- Ability to establish a proactive approach in tackling issues and seek to identify and implement solutions
- Able to communicate effectively with all internal and external customers and at all levels of the organization
- Identify key improvements and operational efficiencies to support the store in protecting product assets against theft and damage and providing transparent reporting to the Store Director and Retail Excellence Operations Manager on the monthly findings
- Support the Store Director to drive best practice and optimum processes
- Identify gaps in the knowledge of store operations and develop them.
- Conduct trainings for all new hires and follow up trainings on store operating system Cegid
- Support team with stock loss targets by implementing new policies and procedures in store and act as the first point of contact regarding all stock management/replenishment and related processes
- Drive best practices concerning optimization of stockrooms and operational excellence
- Act as project lead for operational projects, providing support to the store and HQ during their launch
- Support team in developing their understanding of key operational processes relating to product flow management and daily store operations
- Support and work with teams to deliver stock optimisation analysis, reporting and forward planning
- Support the CRM team and Store Director cascade actions and ensure the client data is captured and qualitative, providing solutions and guidance where we fall short
- Develop a forecasting tool to assist in their accurate business planning for sales, stock and headcount/payroll projections
- Own relationships with vendors/suppliers and identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve services
- Work with teams to drive efficiencies through identifying commercial solutions to organize stock, giving consideration to improving fetch times, logical stock room flows and the correct storage of stock
- Manage the process and compliance of the recording of gifts received and given to/from clients
- Manage Health and Safety compliance in all stores in line with Company policies and procedure and Spain legislation
- Review product lines weekly and maximize the replenishment potential to drive sales and challenge Merchandising team to maximize potential in the market.
- Monitor all aspects of P&L to reduce cost and efficiency in the store
- Work closely with Inventory Control & Retail Excellence Operations Manager to keep up to date the negatives on hand reporting as well as weekly cycle counts and yearly inventory
- Responsible for the facilities in the store