1. Manage relationship with 3rd party logistics provider (3PL) to ensure smooth and uninterrupted logistics and warehousing service. Be the liaison person to coordinate and resolve any matters arising in relation to stock and POSM management, delivery issues and storage facilities.
2. Manage relationship with various customs officials and departments in regards to new rules and regulations, as well as the appropriate implementation thereof. To also communicate with the relevant customs departments in regards to any feedback, clarifications or appeal where required.
3. To coordinate and supervise the shipping assistants on the following:
- Coordinate in conjunction with 3PL, shipping and customs documentation and procedures for all import and export.
- Customs declaration documents for clearance of containers from the port.
- Co-ordinate with shipping and warehouse agents on transportation of containers from the port to the warehouse
- Co-ordinate with Principals on shipping schedules.
- Arrange for transportation of stocks to be returned to Principals where necessary
- To manage all physical stock transfers between warehouses and branches upon allocation from central warehouse
- Arrange for transportation of stocks from main warehouse to other branches and to East Malaysia
- Prepare transfer forms.
- Management of bonded stocks, duty payment and liquor tax stamp administrative procedures
- Manage the stock level of duty paid stocks based on pre-determined limits as provided by marketing department. Propose bonded stocks quantities for duty payment where appropriate for validation by marketing and/or sales department.
- Coordinate with 3PL to ensure all appropriate documents are prepared for the purpose of duty payments and purchase of tax stamps (duty free and duty paid)
- Liaise with 3PL to ensure proper control over the stock of tax stamps and the application thereof
- Liaise with 3 PL to ensure that physical stocks in bonded warehouse tallies with customs records.
- Management of insurance needs:
- Ensure adequate insurance cover for the stocks in all warehouse locations (including duty value on bonded stocks), marine import and inland transit.
- Ensure prompt reports of insurance claims and customs surveys, as well as follow up on settlement
- Ensure that 3PL warehouse and other related concerns are compliant with insurer's requirements.
4. To manage and coordinate the stock ordering process (quantity and timing) in liaison with the marketing team and the principals. Use of APO system for MH process - validation of shipment plans.
5. Arrange for liquor licences and customs bank guarantees renewals.
6. Communicate with management proactively on any matters in regard to 3PL as well as customs rules and regulations affecting the operations.
- Bachelor holder in Supply Chain / logistic management or equivalent, ideally a master's degree in supply chain
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in logistics and warehousing environment, with at least 3 years in a managerial position. Experience in wines and spirits industry would be very advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of customs, marine insurance and shipping regulations.
- Networking skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Detail conscious
- Ability to organise and prioritise work well.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player