- Manage relationship with 3rd party logistics provider (3PL) to ensure smooth and uninterrupted logistics and warehousing service. Be the liaison person to coordinate and resolve any matters arising in relation to stock and POSM management, delivery issues and storage facilities.
- Manage relationship with various customs officials and departments in regards to new rules and regulations, as well as the appropriate implementation thereof. To also communicate with the relevant customs departments in regards to any feedback, clarifications or appeal where required.
- To coordinate and supervise the shipping assistants on the following:
- Coordinate in conjunction with 3PL, shipping and customs documentation and procedures for all import and export.
- To manage all physical stock transfers between warehouses and branches upon allocation from central warehouse
- Management of bonded stocks, duty payment and liquor tax stamp administrative procedure
- Management of insurance needs:
- To manage and coordinate the stock ordering process (quantity and timing) in liaison with the marketing team and the principals. Use of APO system for MH process - validation of shipment plans.
- Arrange for liquor licences and customs bank guarantees renewals.
- Communicate with management proactively on any matters in regards to 3PL as well as customs rules and regulations affecting the operations.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in logistics and warehousing environment, with at least 3 years in a managerial position. Experience in wines and spirits industry would be very advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of customs, marine insurance and shipping regulations.
- Networking skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Detail conscious