The individual will work closely with Maisons and brand teams as well as Supply Chain, Communications and Trade Partners in order to deliver and execute the sustainability strategy.
- Shape, create and deliver a sustainability strategy for Moet Hennessy in the UK taking into consideration the local market, culture, challenges and brand heritage.
- Be a champion for Sustainability across the entire business, using your influence to drive change, working across other functions and other markets to share best practices
- Managing the implementation of sustainable initiatives, connecting internally with Maisons, Brand teams, Communications and Culture and external partners
- Develop best practices, policies and standards and ensure these are followed, educating and elevating the MHUK awareness in terms of sustainability.
- Keep our internal and external teams informed about the sustainability agenda for Moet Hennessy at a global and local level. Coordinate local initiatives relevant to the UK culture and the potential UK consumer.
- Identify service-level impact and cost reduction opportunities in the business in UK, take the lead in administering and completing them and ensure this is shared internally with the overall MH community and externally with partners and clients.
- Create and deliver waste / sustainability related projects and plans within activity timelines.
- Create operational metrics, track and manage delivery timelines, and communicate programme status to internal stakeholders.
- Compare industry standard methodology for sustainability, risk and governance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Be a key advisor for the Management Team and the broader Marketing team, ensuring all our brands activations and communications with stakeholders, clients and consumers have a sustainability pillar.
- Attend meetings, events and seminars, representing the business externally to build relationships and enhance reputation with a range of stakeholders—including politicians, NGOs, think tanks, trade associations, etc.— feeding all relevant insight and information back to the business
Potential projects to be included: Gift packaging, POSM management, Supply Chain, MHUK Carbon Footprint.
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5 years+ experience in developing a strategy and implementing sustainability programs in an in-house or consultancy role.
- Have good subject matter knowledge of sustainability in its broadest sense (environmental, social, consumption, branding)
- Knowledge of the local UK market in terms of key players on sustainability, connections, programmes and best practices from other brands.
- Proficient at managing sustainability reporting to demonstrate progress against KPIs and targets.
- Ability to make an impact and influence others, motivating and bringing them in your journey.
- Gravitas, confident communicator.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver who keeps the consumer at the heart of decision making on sustainability topics
- Action driven
- Be able to develop relationships across all functions of the business, and all levels.
- Self-manager and motivated personality type, determined to make an impact