Loro Piana is looking for a passionate, driven and inspiring Sustainability Specialist to join our Sustainable Team based in Milan.
The mission of the role is to ensure that Loro Piana's procedures, practices and processes are in line with Loro Piana sustainability strategy and action plans. The Sustainability Specialist will cooperate with key team members, with other business functions as well as with external partners, in order to drive the development, implementation and progression of a range of actions and ad-hoc projects. The objective is at the end to integrate sustainability into the product life cycle, from the design phase to the end of life.
As part of this work assignment, the Sustainability Specialist will be also accountable for empowering and engaging all co-workers in maintaining a Loro Piana culture with sustainability at the core.
The Sustainability Specialist will be responsible of:
- Collaborate closely with the technical designers and product design team to inject sustainability principles into the product design process;
- Support relevant business functions to develop new circular business models and materials and help to achieve a "zero waste" goal;
- Set up appropriate metrics for circular initiatives to measure success and ensure that a follow up process is put in place;
- Ensure continuous link between sustainability, brand positioning and business results;
- Create internal support and buy-in to drive execution of plans and initiatives, in collaboration with key internal functions.
- Help Integrate sustainability into the business while maintaining an outside-in perspective, following and listening for trends, topics and future thinking.
- Work in close collaboration with key internal functions to help solve the challenges of the business with both a growth and purpose driven mind-set.
Be an effective internal sustainability spokesperson; participate in advocacy activities, events and networking.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Materials, Managerial, Environmental, Industrial, Chemical), Business, Design,
- At least 5 years' professional experience in similar roles, preferably in textile, fashion, luxury or apparel industry (or in an equivalent complex and dynamic work environment),
- Existing knowledge of circular economy as well as good knowledge of business models based on circularity,
- Excellent grasp of environmental, natural resources and climate-related concepts and issues more broadly,
- Good knowledge of how to craft, describe, and share information through the use of narratives to build trust, inspire and create an emotional connection to an audience with courage, joy and care,
- Project management capabilities,
- Well-developed interpersonal skills for interaction with leadership and key internal functions,
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate client needs and prioritise accordingly as well as ability to think and design in a sustainable way,
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, ability to synthetize information and offer recommendations/solutions,
- Energetic and motivated with a ‘can-do' attitude,
- Proficiency in English (French is a plus);
- Availability to domestic and international travelling.