General Purpose of the Position:
The System / Network Administrator is responsible for the optimization and stability of the desktop environment, server environment and networks. This position will manage the deployment of these services and heavily interface with the user community to support IT services.
- Maintain availability of the server environment and provide required infrastructure for new project and implementations.
- Practice problem management to proactively prevent incidents.
- Define and maintain change control processes.
- Manage Active Directory users and groups.
- Manage external partners to assure SLA's are meet.
- Create and maintain desktop images.
- Configure and deploy laptop / desktop systems.
- Manage service application deployment and versions updates to all users.
- Collaborate with partners to create automated deployment and automate desktop configuration.
- Maintain desktop lifecycle assessments proactively updating hardware as needed.
- Provide desktop support for end user community.
- Perform quality assurance checks on new services deployed to desktops.
- Evaluate capacity needs for desktop infrastructure to support new versions of existing services and future planned services.
- Maintain license compliance.
- Ability to provide off hour support as required by business needs.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Windows server 2008, 2012
- Experience managing Active Directory 2008 or later with GPO.
- Knowledge of VM Ware, HP servers.
- Familiarity with Left Hand SAN.
- Experience with Office 365.
- Knowledge of Cisco switching and wireless, familiarity with Cisco Call Manager and Unity.
- Windows 7 imaging and deployment, experience optimizing desktop environment.
- WSUS patching.
- Knowledge of Blue Coat Proxy server and Juniper VPN.
Education and Experience Required
- Degree preferred
- Background in similar field a plus