The Tailor is responsible for insuring the proper fit, marking, altering, repair, and pressing of garments for both Men's and Women's businesses. Women's & Men's Tailors support the Dior selling ceremony through their high standards of client service and workmanship
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high-quality workmanship to ensure the proper fit for both men's and women's garments.
- Respond to client questions regarding alterations, fit, repair, cleaning, or care of both men's and women's garments; make appropriate recommendations regarding fit and alteration of men's and women's garments.
- Accurately mark and pin garments for alteration; complete alterations with adherence to the alteration schedule provided to client.
- Pressing and repair of garments when appropriate.
- Maintain orderly appearance of tailor shop and keep supplies stocked.
- Maintain clients altered and unaltered merchandise in a neat and organized manner.
- Ensure that all equipment such as sewing machines, pressers, and steamers are well-maintained and kept in working order.
- Demonstrate elevated client service when interacting with clients during the selling ceremony.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Participate in store meetings and training seminars as necessary.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
- Previous experience as a tailor with extensive experience in both men's and women's luxury product.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work a retail schedule as needed.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job, including, but not limited to, sewing machines, pressing and ironing equipment, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods and to move and handle heavy garments and garment bags throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above.