As a Tailor for Louis Vuitton you help make our client's ready-to-wear pieces their own, continuously striving to exceed their expectations. You will take ownership of all tailoring craftmanship activities inside of the store and partner with Client Advisors to assist clients with alterations, fit, repairs, styling etc. based on the client's requirement.
To be successful in this role you must possess extensive ready-to-wear tailoring skill and the ability to interpret and replicate the client's desired vision as well as an appreciation for the Louis Vuitton culture, history and craftsmanship. Passion is at the heart of our work, we value commitment in everything we accomplish. Explore, develop, innovate, create...every journey is unique and there is no better way to reveal your potential.
This position will be based in our beautiful Louis Vuitton Maison at South Coast Plaza.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the proper fit, marking, altering, repair, and pressing of garments
- Strive to meet/exceed client alteration requests in a precise and timely manner
- Partner with client advisors, offering expert tailor advisement and recommendation to clients as needed
- Listen carefully and respond thoughtfully to client questions regarding alterations, fit, repair, cleaning, and care
- Participate in problem-solving and offer informed suggestions on issues impacting the service and productivity of the tailor shop within the store
- Use proper telephone etiquette when answering the phone, taking messages, answering client inquiries
- Communicate client requests to management
- Assist with alterations of Company issued uniforms
- Perform as a team-player, participate in all activities contributing to the overall objectives of the store
- Learn and master Brand and product knowledge
- May assist with special requests, such as in-store repairs, special orders, returns, etc.
- Use all tools and machinery proficiently and safely
- Ensure that all equipment such as sewing machines, pressers, and steamers is well-maintained and kept in working order
- Train team members on basic alterations (e.g., pinning, marking)
- Be a positive role model, representing the brand appropriately at all times
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Must be skilled in ready-to-wear tailoring with complex fabrics: Silk, Leather etc. (min 5 years)
- Punctuality and schedule flexibility are essential. Retail hours, including weekends, may be required
- Professional presentation, excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to take initiative and be a self-starter while also being part of a team
- Solution-oriented and have the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills with internal/external customers
- Strong organizational skills
- Patience with the ability to focus and aim in providing quality work
- 2 years of retail sales or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to learn quickly and maintain a high performance level in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve problems with diplomatic manners
- Ability to speak a foreign language a plus
As an employee at Louis Vuitton, you can expect to be provided with industry leading training which offers you an in-depth insight into the luxury retail industry. In addition to this you will receive a generous benefits package (*if eligible based on role), unparalleled career development opportunities, both locally & globally, in addition to learning from the very best talent within the industry.