The role will be working in very close collaboration with the marketing directors and the Sales Director to conceptualize and develop the trade marketing strategies for each of the distribution channels according to the priority brands for each MH and Diageo portfolio. Once agreed, the trade marketing Manager is responsible to help implement and execute the marketing programs along with the sales force. The ultimate objective is to recruit new consumers in order to increase our market shares, and reach our budget targets in volume and value. This role is paramount in the efficient operation of the Company by providing an effective, dynamic and enriching link between the departments of Sales, Marketing, Sales Planning and Customer Service.
- Category Management strategies conceptualization with Marketing team
- Implementation and excellence in the execution of trade marketing programs along with sales force.
- Work very closely with the MHD Marketing teams and Sales teams to develop:
- category management and channel strategies (distribution, merchandising and promotions strategies)
- the design of the promotional materials
- contacts with the Key Accounts in modern on-trade and off-trade, traditional on-trade and off-trade.
- Propose a plan to develop business with e-retailers.
- Analyze promotional effectiveness and uses the information to develop or revise category plans as well as individual marketing and sales account plans. Responsible for analysis of programs ROI and recommendation on program improvements.
- Responsible for development, execution and the on-time delivery of promotional materials to Key accounts (on+off).
- Improve brand visibility through implementation of best in class merchandising tools.
- Responsible to propose category management solution especially in channels where the company is expecting business development, i.e modern- and traditional off-trade.
- Responsible for the development of merchandising and space plans for the MHD brands in line with the Brand strategies.
- Play active role at the time of the brand plan building.
- Responsible for the execution of the category management plans. Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on variety of sources and make recommendations on business reviews, marketing plans and sales fundamentals.
- Develop appealing customer selling story and partner with sales team to present marketing plan to customers
- Coordinate with external parties, i.e. advertising agencies, POS materials production companies as necessary
- University degree in business related field
- At least 5 years' experience in FMCG industry (or we can boarder the industry to : Luxury goods / Wines & Spirits / Hospitality / FMCG)
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Strong commercial sense with value-added- solution mindset; customer focused
- Good team player with ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team; networking, influencing, and communication skills
- Highly motivated, energetic, quick in response
- Creative and lateral thinking, self-starter and independent
- An appreciation of luxury, quality, lifestyle and comfortable with the drinking environment
- Good command of both written and spoken English. Cantonese language skills are a distinct advantage but not mandatory