MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Trademark Paralegal and Contracts Manager will support the Vice President of Legal and in-house legal function as well as focus on management of fresh's global trademark portfolio. This position will additionally be responsible for contract database management and first-line review of agreements. With strong organizational skills and an energetic attitude, the Trademark Paralegal and Contracts Manager should have significant experience in domestic and international trademark law.
- Manage US and global trademark prosecution and maintenance matters.
- Maintain global trademark docket and manage deadlines with the assistance of outside counsel.
- Conduct and analyze preliminary trademark searches, and coordinate and analyze comprehensive trademark searches in the U.S. and globally with outside counsel.
- Gather evidence and perform other tasks related to trademark prosecution, and domestic and foreign litigation.
- Review product designs, marketing materials, and social media content.
- Analyze and manage IP enforcement matters, and assist with opposition and cancellation proceedings before the TTAB.
- Assist in brand protection efforts, such as anti-counterfeiting, and provide support for global enforcement program, including online and offline enforcement.
- Interact with and maintain ongoing communications with internal clients, local foreign counsel, and the USPTO regarding various trademark matters.
- Assist Legal Counsel in non-trademark matters such as routine contract review and management; litigation support as needed
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of domestic and international trademark experience.
- Deep knowledge of trademark law, including USPTO and international filing requirements.
- Familiarity with Corsearch or other comparable searching applications.
- Familiarity with Docket management systems (AltLegal preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems and applications with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Positive attitude, curiosity, and adaptability.
- National accreditation as Certified Paralegal and/or 5 years of practical experience functioning as an IP specialist or paralegal specializing in trademarks in a law firm or corporate environment.
- Contract Management experience with some contract review.
Based in New York City