The Training Manager is in charge of training and coaching the Retail Teams on Dior brand culture, product knowledge, and selling ceremony to support the achievement of North America commercial goals.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and facilitate Training Programs in the Dior Fine Jewelry and Timepiece Retail Network including sales, service, employee induction, and coaching on selling opportunities etc.
- Evaluate training and development needs of Dior Fine Jewelry and Timepiece Retail Network based on business needs.
- Strategize with Vice President of Training & Sales Development to revise and create new training programs.
- Manage productivity reporting process and partner with Regionals to coach and manage underperforming associates and support top sellers in increasing sales goals.
- Oversee orientation for new employees and store openings.
- Communicate with Retail Leadership to evaluate training level of new employees.
- Assist with floor supervision and spot coaching as needed when traveling throughout the retail network.
- Provide post-training recaps to both VP of Training and Sales Development and field.
- Track effectiveness of training programs and provide regular follow-up to trainings.
- Partner with Training Managers in worldwide zones to develop programs that are in line with global initiatives.
- Partner with Dior Men's merchant, visual, CRM, and PR teams to develop product training seasonally.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong communication, listening, and comprehension skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate material and provide instruction to others.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to assess the training needs of Dior Fine Jewelry and Timepiece Boutiques and corporate teams.
- Ability to develop methods to track and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Ability to evaluate existing training programs and make recommendations as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- 3-5 years of luxury experience in a retail environment with Fine Jewelry and Timepiece focus.
- Strong presentation, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to develop interactive, creative, and comprehensive training programs in a variety of areas.
- GIA Certification Preferred.
- Ability to travel +50% to support needs of the North America business and training priorities.