The PINK Renaissance
Thomas Pink was founded in 1984 by three brothers, Peter, James & John Mullen whose love of fun and colour offered a new approach to Jermyn Street shirt-making tradition.
In 2018, under the impetus of our CEO & Creative Director, Thomas Pink is currently in a period of regeneration. With shirt-making as its absolute essence, Thomas Pink will be re-establishing its unique personality.
Joining Pink is the opportunity to embark on a journey of transformation with a collective of talented individuals who embody the values of Creativity & Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Excellence. Thomas Pink is proud to be an LVMH Maison - the world's leading luxury Group.
- To assist with the creation and implementation of the retail annual learning and development strategy as directed by the Head of Retail Development.
- Support the Head of Retail Development to design and deliver both on-job and off-job training for all retail employees to ensure that performance levels are maximised, and they are equipped to deliver an extraordinary and personalised shopping experience to all clients.
- Ensure all training is impactful and memorable.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand and a role model for retail employees.
- Support with the creation of the retail learning and development strategy.
- Support with the creation of local training plans that adhere with the global strategy and ensures that the highest level of client service is delivered within each store.
- Deliver training programmes when required and take an active role in coaching Store Managers and their teams.
- Work with the Head of Retail Development and HR & Development Manager, to support in delivering the PINK induction programme for all new employees, ensuring that from day 1 they understand the company culture, brand DNA, service standards and product details.
- Work with Retail Management and Head Office to further understand the needs of the business and develop ad-hoc training sessions or development plans to meet specific needs of the market or individual stores.
- Support in the development and implementation of employee communication tools - including any e-learning, regular newsletters and any other training tools which will enhance the level of brand engagement and create a sense of cohesion across the business.
- Work with the Merchandising team to ensure that all retail teams are fully-trained on all products.
- Ensure that all training and development activities are rooted in the brand DNA and company values.
- Keep an accurate record of all training activities for each employee throughout the region.
- Ensure that all health and safety and legal training within each of the markets is delivered as relevant.
- Attend and participate in global learning and development conferences as required.
- Maintain strong levels of knowledge of competitor training and retail/consumer trends.
WORK EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous training (creation and delivery) experience preferably within a luxury or retail environment.
- Demonstrable experience delivering training to teams.
- Training or coaching qualification desired.
- Year 2 onwards the role will be majority field based so requires an individual who enjoys the shop floor environment.
- Able to travel globally.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Acts as a role model and team motivator
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Client-centric mindset
- Results orientated
- Passion and affinity for the Brand
- Strong organizational skills
- Energetic and dynamic
- Strong influencing & selling ability
- Knowledge and an inherent interest of the fashion and luxury industry
- Strong social and networking skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent communication skills
- Exemplary written skills for publishing material
- Creativity to create memorable training
- Highly perceptive