MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Transportation Manager will oversee and streamline the global distribution of worldwide inventory through fresh's complex supply chain. In this project based position, the Transportation Manager will establish more streamlined processes by thinking ‘outside of the box' to improve the business. As an integral member of fresh's Supply Chain and Logistics team, this highly analytical position will be continuously problem solving to ensure on time, efficient delivery of goods to meet global business needs.
- Analyze shipping data to identify strategies to optimize shipping routes and internal procedures.
- Establish standard shipping policies to optimize shipping from all vendors
- Manage the Transport Coordinator position to ensure an efficient and streamlined workload.
- Work within budget constraints and seek to minimize air transportation costs.
- Meet financial and time benchmarks for delivering and receiving products.
- Maintain relationships with carriers to track and analyze transit times, rates and procedures to seek and implement improvements.
- Streamline deliveries to distribution facilities and report on key transport metrics from those facilities.
- Document local and international regulations, policies, insurance coverage and tariff rates.
- Partner with Freight Forwarder to design, develop, and manage software and physical systems to streamline shipping and tactical goals for Fresh.
- Own HS Codes (validate existing and new products).
- Collaborate with internal partners on global stock allocation of Finished Goods.
- At least four years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, or a related field
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Supply Chain or Logistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient understanding of the worldwide supply chain and of flows (logistics, IT, communication)
- Must be proactive with excellent time management skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and analytical with an ability to work autonomously
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Project management experience
- International customs experience
- Knowledge of AX MRP software
- Programming skills (Visual Basic, SQL)
Based in the Jersey City, NJ Office