The Kat Von D Beauty Marketing Manager is responsible for being the voice of brands in market, ensuring our brand equity and vision is adhered to at all times. Planning and implementing appropriate marketing strategies for specified brands supporting them to reach greater brand awareness and key sales and profitability objectives. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding and passion for the beauty industry and is a prestige marketing strategist who can work closely and confidently with key cross-functional partners. This position works collaboratively with Marketing Co-ordinator and the National Accounts Sales & Marketing team, UK Sales & Education team as well as primary contact with our global brand partners in San Francsico.
- Support Marketing Director in implementation and execution of marketing plans which develop the brands, in line with the global strategy, which also meet the specific needs of the UK market
- Brand guardian in market, ensuring our brand equity and vision is adhered to at all times
- Work closely with global brand team on timelines, key dates, and specific UK needs
- Liaise closely with the Visual Merchandising team to implement merchandising guidelines to ensure consistency of image, ensuring the brands look best in class in all store environments
- Localise and maximise brand creative provided via global Kento boxes making sure all executions are aligned to brand guidelines and approved by Marketing Director
- Collate and share competitor's pricing analysis to support in-market pricing strategy
- Accountable for ensuring that the budget tracker is always up-to-date and within budget allocated
- Liaise closely with Senior PR Manager ensuring we are maximising and leveraging PR and influencers within our marketing plans
- Manage and oversea tracking of sampling
- Gaining co-operation, commitment, support and co-ordination across all functions in the UK and Global teams
- Develop and manage successful launch of new products and core pillars from creation to execution
- Communicating marketing plans to the National Accounts Sales & Marketing team and ensure that each activity is suitably supported, implemented and later evaluated
- Responsible for analysing each individual brand's sales history and corresponding marketing investment and support development of future strategies on the basis of that analysis alongside National Accounts Sales & Marketing Manager
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably with degree; beauty industry / brand experience strongly preferred
- Proven experience of launching/managing a marketing plan in a retail business.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Experience of managing campaigns from start to finish.
- Fashion or luxury goods experience desired; passion for the beauty industry.
- Working with global head office experience preferred.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to cultivate strong partnerships across cross-functional teams.
- Creative thinker and proactive, resourceful problem solver.
- Ability to seek out and identify up-and-coming global beauty, fashion and culture trends.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Organised and keen attention to detail in both managing tasks and budget tracking.
- Experience presenting to the executive level.
- Able to work under pressure effectively & efficiently.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and multi-task.
- Strong organisational and time management skills; ability to constantly juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive demeanor with a can-do attitude.