Under the General Manager, you are responsible for the financial and administrative management of the UK.
You ensure the reliability and follow-up of monthly accounts.
You manage the landing of OR and implement actions to improve the profitability of the area in consultation with the GM, while raising awareness and involving Store Managers in their P&L.
You set business objectives with the GM and analyse the weekly turnover.
With a high professional maturity, you are recognized for your sense of management, your rigor and your analytical skills. Curious, you are proactive and autonomous.
Take direct charge of finance retail controlling, ensuring monthly reporting concerning sales, costs and operational result, for every boutique & the back office, with deep detailed analysis to be performed for internal management and the headquarters in Paris.
Create the 3-year finance plan and budget in conjunction with the General Manager. You will be deeply involved in the forecasting and budgeting processes, on every aspect of the business, including detailed gross margin projections, staff costs, capex and amortizations.
The evaluation of potential new boutiques from a financial point of view, including break-even sales and payback periods, will also be part of your tasks. You are in charge of the development of SOPs and the follow-up of openings / touch-ups / expansions.
In liaison with the Legal Department and external accounting partners, you monitor the legal and contractual aspects of contracts. You will be in charge of the application of internal controls and follow-up to internal audit controls, and also responsible of the enforcement of Group procedures for back office and boutiques.
Manage the following areas of the finance functions
- Monthly reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash-flows; FTE) for French mother company.
- The quarterly consolidated package.
- IFRS 16 reporting's
- Monthly reconciliations
- Purchase order process.
- Authorization and processing all the payments, with the further task of ensuring the correct cash flows and the optimization of intercompany and bank loans to minimize the financial costs and ensure timely payments.
- Provide detailed monthly analysis of sales and margin.
- Provide detailed monthly analysis of costs by cost centre and by cost type (staff expenses, communications expenses and other expenses) analyzing main variances with latest revision, and budget and previous year.
- Analysis of KPI's sales per nationality, product category, best sellers.
- Assist various HO departments and stores in ad-hoc business and finance control projects
- Involvement in audits.
- To support various HO teams in monitoring expenditure and evaluate profitability of new initiatives.
- Participate in the implementation of Finance / IT projects on the controlling functions
- Reinforce Internal control and implement procedures
- To continually seek to improve processing efficiency and controlling capabilities of the company
- You have 3 years of experience in auditing and operational management control - in a complex and demanding retail environment.
- Good communication
- Good time management skills
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Analytical mind
- Good Team Player
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing environment
- High levels of persuading & Influencing skills
- Fluent English
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA) or Business school
- Project Management skills
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar position within an international group.
- Solid accounting knowledge.
- Ability to analyse, compare and interpret facts quickly
- Strong business acumen, Strategic thinker
- Customer focused (external and internal)
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels
- Team player
- System oriented (Strong Excel skills)
- French speaking would be useful but is not a pre-requisite
Based in London,