Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. A play on the words "can do", Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
- ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done
- PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill's words, ‘never, never, never give up'
- GENEROSITY: The power of giving
- STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire
- QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves
- FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite, Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen and Fenty Beauty.
Seeking a seasoned retail expert to drive the high profile expansion of our unique Lip Lab concept, within the Kendo brands structure. Ambitious and high energy, we are looking for a leader who can accelerate store growth and successfully lead a team to operate start-up style. As the leader of the boutiques, the VP will balance strategic and managerial responsibilities for the global growth of the free-standing boutique locations.
The VP will have responsibility for boutique sales and operations. The customer experience will be a key component of success, and the VP will model the customer service standards while ensuring artistry and customization are part of the DNA, as well as compliance. A major piece of the expansion will be opening new stores, including looking for new store locations.
- Drives sales and operations to the highest levels possible while responsible for ensuring a consistent and high level of customer service throughout the retail network
- Creates a retail shopping experience that is unique to Lip Lab by BITE
- Develops expansion plans for global markets and scouts new retail locations domestically, negotiating with building management
- Oversees and manages new store openings at a fast pace
- Builds top tier management teams in all locations
- Partners with BITE Brand/Education and KENDO Education on continued education for store teams to ensure the best client experience: selling, service and product
- Partners with KENDO visual merchandising team on store set-up, updates, maintenance, improvements and technology across the retail network
- Partners with Operations Manager on forecasts, inventory management and weekly/monthly reports
- Partners with General Manager and Finance Controller and Operations on store real estate searches, lease terms, lease approvals, construction and annual budgets
- Ensures that merchandising standards are met throughout the retail network
- Travels to all retail locations regularly, to drive business in markets, develop staff, understand unique customer needs and ensure programs are in place, branding is optimized and business is running effectively.
- 10-15 years retail management experience with at least 5 years at a senior level running multi-region organizations. Global store management experience preferred.
- Store opening experience required, preferably working with a retail real estate team on a national or global scale
- Extensive experience working with cross-functional partners including brand, marketing, education, HR, operations and finance
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer service in an experiential environment
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Able to travel up to 50% of time in North America and select international markets
- Strong entrepreneurial skills combined with excellent business acumen and analytical skills
- Experience developing successful retail concepts combined with a history of successful business development