The Vice President, Communications is responsible for the successful development, planning, and execution of internal and external communications strategies, ensuring alignment with MH Global Communications as well as the Company's mission, vision, and values, to continually build brand equity, support the Company's business objectives, and drive the growth of positive corporate culture. This position partners with the President & CEO, MHNA; Human Resources; third-party communications agency(s); and other relevant stakeholders to maximize internal and external communications opportunities, creating awareness and generating high-impact exposure for corporate and portfolio programming and messaging.
- Develop and continually evolve the MHUSA Corporate Communications vision and strategy, in alignment with MH Global Communications, to support business objectives and drive brand equity.
- Partner with the President & CEO, MHNA; Human Resources; and other key stakeholders to plan and implement communications strategies, messaging, and programs that build and continually evolve positive, equitable, results-driven corporate culture.
- Provide communications leadership, direction, and expertise to the organization, serving as an ambassador and coach, and providing ongoing collaboration across all business functions to design and implement dynamic communications strategies to drive key business imperatives.
- Partner with Finance team and key stakeholders to develop and manage the annual Corporate Communications budget, ensuring proper allocation of resources to best support business objectives.
- Lead the Corporate Communications team, developing individual skills, motivating the team to achieve, and inspiring peak performance.
Events and Partnerships
Develop and plan corporate and portfolio events and experiences for internal and external stakeholders that build awareness for business and brand initiatives and drive strategic messaging.
- Create and implement community relations, partnership, and media strategies to broaden portfolio penetration within culturally diverse consumer segments.
- Continually evaluate corporate and portfolio partnership activity to drive alliance opportunities, ensure alignment with business and brand objectives, and maximize ROI.
- Partner with the President & CEO, MHNA and Human Resources to craft internal and external communication, speeches, remarks, presentations, etc. from the office of the President & CEO.
- Continually seek and identify opportunities for the President & CEO, MHNA and Executive Team members to represent the organization through press and industry events, ensuring high-impact media exposure and appropriate representation of industry thought leadership.
- Leverage the MHUSA portfolio and corporate/brand programming to create high-impact messaging across a variety of media channels and vehicles, including company-owned social media, that builds awareness and drives brand equity.
- Drive the Company's corporate narrative and portfolio storytelling through ongoing optimized PR and editorial coverage.
- Continually evaluate and prioritize media opportunities, actively engaging and managing press relationships, to ensure maximized coverage of partnerships, programming, special events, press releases and other relevant corporate and portfolio initiatives.
- Collaborate with third-party communications agencies to plan and manage all relevant communications issues, including crisis management, as necessary.
Bachelor's degree required
- 15+ years of progressive professional experience in a combination of communications, public relations, and marketing
- Experience in the development and management of a diverse, high-performing Corporate Communications team
- Experience in the wine and spirits industry and/or with luxury brands preferred
- Proven ability to work with professional integrity, urgency, and agility across all levels of the organization
- Ability to successfully interact with and influence executive leadership
- Understanding of and experience working across all media channels and vehicles
- Highly refined written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in leading the development of positive corporate culture
- Demonstrated crisis management skills; including evaluating, responding to, and mitigating the impact of crisis situations
- Working knowledge of French, a plus