The Vice President, Consumer Engagement will build increased brand desirability through the development of a best in class consumer-directed marketing strategy that is aligned with Hennessy's core brand strategies as well as the broader MHUSA 2030 Strategic Roadmap. This role will focus on maximizing brand image, equity, and profitability for the full Hennessy portfolio through identifying, creating, and overseeing the execution of innovative, consumer-centric plans and activities. The Vice President, Consumer Engagement collaborates cross-functionally to set the vision and oversee processes that determine how Hennessy will to go market across all key engagement verticals.
Brand Strategy and Marketing / 40%
- Develop, communicate, and oversee the execution of consumer engagement strategies, in alignment with Brand Directors, to drive awareness, image, and equity for the full Hennessy portfolio.
- Serve as a core contributor and thought leader in the development of the annual Hennessy marketing plan.
- Ensure effective ways of working and collaboration with the MHUSA Centers of Excellence - Consumer Connections and Investment (CCI) and Consumer Insights, Analytics and Business Growth (CIABG) - to maximize and support opportunities in the marketplace.
- Direct and lead consumer-driven digital marketing activities for the brand to maximize image, equity, and profitability.
- Develop, lead, and implement creative and effective public relations strategies and programs to generate premium and impactful press and media placements in line with brand strategy and key initiatives.
- Own all live consumer connection activities through lifestyle passion points and brand experiences.
- Develop the Hennessy brand's influencer strategy and manage all influencer partners in collaboration with the Influencer Director and Influencer Senior Manager.
- Identify and ensure the implementation of clear KPIs for core programming to drive measurement and evaluation, and apply results to future planning.
- Drive and champion innovation and creativity within the Hennessy Consumer Engagement team.
- Support the creation and implementation of Hennessy's CRM strategy, in alignment with CCI team, Digital Director, and Maison.
- Oversee media planning and execution, ensuring that plans drive innovation and consumer connections.
- Support SVP and Brand teams with preparation for sales meetings, executive meetings, and creation of QBR, MBR presentations; and attend senior-level sales and marketing meetings with brand leaders.
- Serve as member of the global Hennessy Brand Board, ensuring that local U.S. needs and priorities are well represented.
- Ensure budget is prioritized against key brand strategies and goals to drive growth and profitability across the Hennessy portfolio.
- Evaluate key brand programming to understand ROI and enhance future programming.
- Manage overhead, brand A&P, and T&E budgets.
Organization Development / 40%
- Oversee recruitment, performance management, training and development of the Consumer Engagement team.
- Identify and develop key successors and high potential employees within the Consumer Engagement team.
- Develop strong collaborative working relationship with the Hennessy Brand Management team.
- Cultivate and lead ways of working with the new Maison Consumer Engagement team.
Maintain a flexible and adaptable mindset by continually evaluating, revising and responding with agility to meet rapidly evolving business needs, and perform other functions or duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required; MBA or Marketing degree preferred
12+ years of brand marketing experience, preferably in the luxury consumer goods or U.S. wines and spirits industries.
Experience managing agencies and working with media required.
- Deep understanding of PR, communications, and experiential marketing.
- Experience in talent/partnership identification, negotiation and management
- Expertise in consumer journeys, the digital landscape and all digital platforms.
- Strong business/commercial orientation.
- Highly refined communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated success as a leader.
Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moët Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.