MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Vice President, Global Marketing will lead the global marketing strategy and driving global business growth by developing a global brand vision and long-term roadmap to $1B by accelerating across brand, distribution and consumer levers. At fresh, creativity and innovation thrive beyond skincare with a clear purpose at the heart.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing officer, the Vice President, Global Marketing will drive the global innovation strategy and go to market strategies to meet the ever-evolving consumer and business needs by bringing new innovation to life and drive ground-breaking campaigns, while gaining high-level management exposure and the ability to develop meaningful programs to disrupt the beauty market.
The Vice President, Global Marketing will lead the development and implementation of the fresh global Marketing strategy and product portfolio to drive brand growth and increase market share in priority channels and regions, particularly in China and North America.
- Develop strategic category plan, complete with outlined objectives, market opportunities, strategy and tactics, ensuring growth objectives are continually defined and delivered.
- Continual definition and on-going brand equity and awareness building techniques to deliver to the fresh purpose, mission, promise, core values to protect brand for longevity long-term
- Build out a 3-year innovation roadmap and category/franchise building blocks to drive global growth objectives
- Collaborate and drive campaign development and all consumer facing creative and toolkits within timelines and strategic brand equity codes
- Lead global aspect of new projects for the team to identify new business opportunities and address issues as they arise (i.e. sales opportunities, positioning, reformulations, sustainability, repacks, COG analysis, budget management, seasonal planning, etc.)
- Act as a global liaison with the markets on programs, on-going business, project updates, changes, requests, etc
What you will learn (and/or achieve) in the first 6 months:
- Strong cross-functional relationships in building brand knowledge and marketing expertise in highly competitive and quickly evolving category and consumer-mindset in remote work environment.
- Complex portfolio management understanding across lifestyle brand and categories (skincare, fragrance, bodycare, lipcare) with varied channel distribution (highly penetrated e-business, free-standing boutiques, cabines, department stores, Sephora/open-sell, travel retail) and high market portfolio nuances across all markets
- Partnering with the China Liaison team, learn strong insights into China business and channel needs and nuances as fresh highly indexes in this key strategic growth market while maintaining American roots and heritage (east vs west needs)
- fresh's long-term strategic sustainability vision to 2031 with a focus on responsible sourcing and the communities impacted for future generations.
- With a highly penetrated e-business, continually adapt business strategy, assets and tactics to become even stronger as part of the expectations of the consumer across their journey and anticipate future expectations.
- Understanding of the LVMH organization, management, P&L/reporting styles and business objectives.
What you will achieve in 12 months:
- Full fresh global brand management with exposure to full end to end, with deep insights and understanding to the portfolio and financial ecosystem.
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or advance degree preferred
- 15+ years Marketing/brand management experience; global development experience preferred
- Experience in global development, operational marketing, beauty industry, luxury mindset, innovation, brand building, skincare category, integrated marketing/digital marketing techniques, campaign development and China experience are a plus
- Strong understanding of skincare category and market landscape is desired with deep expertise on customer-driven marketing strategies based on consumer insights, competitive understanding, and brand knowledge
- A proven and successful people-management and leadership track record with a large team and across all levels of the organization
- A strategic thinker, an ‘influencer', a consensus builder, and an excellent team player
- Experience working 360 cross-functionally with key partners - product development, operations, supply chain, forecasting, finance, retail, education, creative, digital, packaging development, legal, regulatory, local affiliate markets, store design/visual merchandising, pricing, etc.
- Must possess strong combination of analytical skills balanced by strong creative skills with their eye on achieving business goals and long-term brand objectives - strong business analysis and financial fluency is a must to match fresh's profitability and brand awareness objectives
- Exhibit a keen ability to be proactive as well as handle a multitude of projects at one time for 3-year pipeline vision
- Thrives in fast-paced and ever-changing environment, flexible, ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Champion change with a curative lens on the changing consumer, business results and decision-making
- Understanding of multi-channel retail practices, marketplace advances and consumer technologies in China, Travel Retail, US, Sephora-ecosystem
Based in New York, NY