PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
A key support within the Visual Merchandising team, along with the Visual Merchandising Manager to drive the strategy for the UK market. Aim to deliver a retail experience in-line with the global brand strategy and act as a guardian of the Brand image.
- Act as a consultant and support for all soft merchandising topics - be the guardian of the brand to ensure perfect brand execution for each new launch, visual roll out or introduction of new elements to support hero products
- Support the VM Manager to drive and implement the Visual Merchandising strategy (in-store/sites/windows) which delivers a retail experience in-line with the global brand strategy and delivers a commercial return
- Develop visual merchandising elements with local agencies working with global guidelines to support the launch of new ranges and products, drive profitable growth of core categories and address underperforming categories
- Look after the monthly VM Guidelines sent to stores, which acts as a VM bible for in-store and retail teams to convey the correct focus and display of both newness and core
- Create and deliver effective VM tools to support the UK marketing campaign calendar, to enable stores to successfully educate and engage consumers.
- Drive the UK implementation of the brand Visual Identity and tone of voice to engage consumers with the personality of the brand
- Develop VM elements for our UK Flagships to drive newness and innovation to consumers.
- Liaise with the EMEA VM team to ensure brand consistency and approval process is met on time for all launch activation
- Continuously review effectiveness of visual merchandising practices on an on-going basis to ensure innovation, consumer interest and increased store profitability. Improve ROI and marketing effectiveness
- Support the store and retail teams for all soft merchandising counter maintenance topics and ensure a resolution is put in place quickly and efficiently
- Oversee the provision of Visual Merchandising principles and/or planograms for all stores, to help drive commercial success. Work closely with sales team and regional business managers to ensure the assortment is correct for the retailer, location and store.
- Raise purchase orders and update ‘Local Merchandising' budget with all local production costs and elements
- Maintain the ‘Central Merchandising' budget to ensure elements ordered from Paris are tracked on a monthly basis, communicating any savings or overspends accordingly
- Prepare quarterly soft-merchandising reports to submit to Paris.
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
Reports To: Visual Merchandising Manager
Internal: Guerlain marketing team UK
Guerlain commercial team UK
International VM team Paris
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- A good understanding of current VM trends and methods
- Experience of creating VM tools and materials from inception to production
- Global outlook; understanding of regional and cultural retail differences and environments
- Highly organised, motivated and determined individual with a high level of initiative and a clear focus on providing solutions and delivering results
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite - In-Design, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Possess a high level of commercial awareness with the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- A keen eye for detail and a proactive ‘can do' attitude.
- Strong team spirit
- Passionate about product, brand and retail - should show a clear sensitivity to the subject matter
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in a visual merchandising/project management role, ideally within fragrance and cosmetics industry.