Within the framework of the International and European teams, and the context of the market, Shape the implementation Strategy for the image in the UK & Ireland via Visual Merchandising,
To lead and champion all image translation, execution and delivery throughout the bricks & mortar distribution in the UK & Ireland, in line with the UK, European and international strategy.
Delivering across a diversified retailer framework, a consistent and customer specific approach for the brand, to maximise brand expression, but also ROI and commercial opportunity.
- Project Manage from conception to completion of assigned counters, non-consultant stores on all new counters and renovations in the network, on-time and on budget.
- Challenge and negotiate where necessary the store terms and conditions to ensure brand image is not compromised
- Liaise closely with Sales, Retail & Marketing to ensure the needs of all areas are factored into the final implementation.
- Collaborate with the European team to convey the specific elements from the UK & Ireland customers and retailers.
- Work with local suppliers ahead of installation to ensure accurate application of designs, technical specifications and quality of production. Follow-up with a post implementation review to clear all snagging and supplier feedback in a timely fashion.
- Visit regularly before, during and after new builds and renovations to ensure the strongest visibility, customer journey and brand execution.
- Project manage the conception, implementation and execution of all soft merchandising assets, including Launches, sites, Windows, guidelines and planograms for all doors in a timely manner and in coordination with Retail, Sales, Training and Marketing teams.
- Working alongside the Marketing team to Forecast and Plan the activation calendar in a timely manner, ensuring to meet the brief of each retailer.
- Ensure strong activation input is shared as Visual Merchandiser lead to maximise activation opportunities in the market.
- Utilising knowledge of local suppliers to maximise the ROI and image execution on all local development projects.
- Support the PR, Sales and Training team on all launches, conferences and trainings from a visual perspective. Enabling a strong and consistent conveyance of the brand.
- Manage the VM team to support and drive towards the overall objectives, ensuring a strong coaching culture, with open feedback and advice to the team.
- Develop and implement the strategy to improve the infield Visual merchandising management. Liaising with agencies, the retail team, and the direct reports.
- Ensure the efficient and timely communication internally & externally, and act as the expert for all areas of the business on Visual Merchandising topics.
- Ensure that Visual Merchandising on counter remains a priority within the business, with education sessions where and when appropriate.
- Define, monitor and deliver the budget for the year, including CAPEX, ensuring strong communication of risks & Opportunities - remaining in control at all times.
- Take a leadership role in the reduction of costs but improvement where necessary of the quality and image execution, liaising closely with the international Purchasing department where appropriate.
- Oversee and ensure the effective and timely maintenance on all counters and non-consultant expressions in the market.
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Strong communicator & Relationship builder
- Strong Team player
- Strong understanding and eye for Brand Equity
- Strong organisation skills & Attention to detail
- Customer service focused
- Understanding of ROI - not just financial
- Ability to analyse and recommend based on Strategy
- Ability to grasp the detail, but remain strategic
- Attention to detail
- Strong Management skills
- Project management skills
- Marketing Degree calibre
- Minimum +5yrs of Project management & VM experience gained in a similar environment
- Experience of managing a team
- Counter design experience
- Knowledge of French language an advantage but not essential
- Personal affinity to the Beauty industry & Luxury market
- Experience of the UK market an asset