Job Title: VM Strategy Manager
Department: Visual Merchandising
Report to: VP of Visual Merchandising - Americas
Location: FENDI Americas Corporate Office
Reporting to the Head of Visual Merchandising, the VM Strategy Manager will be the primary point of communication to the VM and store teams regarding all VM guidelines and trainings. They will support the VM team in all visual merchandising responsibilities, including the execution of VM guidelines, business strategies, and store standards. They will efficiently communicate, protect and monitor HQ visual merchandising guidelines and standards across all Fendi touch points. They will support the field VM Team and serve as a liaison between the business needs and brand image.The VM Strategy Manager strategically adapts visual direction when needed based on individual store needs, inventory levels or other store specific requirements within brand standards. They drive sales by providing an extraordinary customer experience through exceptional visual merchandising.
- Oversee the implementation and execution of the VM guidelines across the Americas stores and provide feedback when necessary through store photos and/or reports. Also provide qualitative feedback on displays and windows to the Central and FNA VM team.
- Work closely with the Merchandising and Supply Chain teams to identify strategic business opportunities, mocking up and providing creative solutions, and effectively communicating actions to FNA VM and store teams.
- Track and analyze strategic VM actions and report findings and next steps to FNA team and Central HQ.
- Update and communicate the VM guidelines including corporate monthly guidelines, VM Newsletters, product updates, and regional specific actions.
- Liaise closely with the VM Project Manager to plan and identify product for all window displays and communicate to the field teams.
- Support the VM team with the maintenance of store standards by providing the documents and tools necessary to instill accountability in the store teams.
- Develop and implement trainings for VM team and retail teams including initial onboarding and ongoing development tools.
- Manage the Americas VMA program by establishing processes, administering trainings, and supporting VM Managers in VMA development.
- Oversee organizational initiatives in partnership with central HQ that increase operational efficiency across the VM team by understanding the region's needs and developing solutions for innovative ways of working.
- Provide support, insight and feedback to the VM field team on specific market requests e.g. new store opening floorplans, events and activations by analyzing product allocation and distribution.
- Work with cross functional partners such as Operations, Architecture, Wholesale, Client Engagement, and Marketing to understand the total scope of brand initiatives and where VM can support.
- Support Press showroom set ups.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Travel to stores will be required.
- Comprehensive understanding of Visual Merchandising (5-10 years visual merchandising experience preferably with a high-end luxury brand).
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion, Merchandising, Design, Marketing, Communications or a similar function preferred.
- Strong visual eye for detail, style, color pallet and display composition.
- Interest in fashion, design and art.
- Confident, with exceptional communication skills, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and problem-solve.
- Strong attention to detail and the passion to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Creative suites.
- Knowledge of Illustrator or InDesign preferable.
- Experience in coordinating and installing window installations, be able to use hand-and-power operated tools, climb a ladder, and have the ability to lift clothing, props, mannequins etc.
- Flexibility to work a Retail schedule including working late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays when required.