Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words "can do", Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora. Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, KVD Vegan Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Bite and Fenty Beauty. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, and great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships.
Provide Kendo brands with a comprehensive end to end Visual Merchandising service to ensure that the retail businesses maximise sales success. You will be responsible for ensuring maximum visual impact for the brands, in line with the Brand DNA and local strategy through the creation and implementation of both launch and permanent visual merchandising tools and guidelines. You will act as a brand ambassador and guardian at all times, ensuring all visual merchandising is executed consistently and is truly representative of the brand whilst being engaging for the customer. Undertaking regular reviews of all visual activity to ensure the commercial success of the brands.
- Developing from Global assets UK point of sale material with external suppliers, from brief through production, ensuring consistency with brand image, within budgetary parameters and to market specifications.
- Developing the creative strategy for the brands in line with the Senior VM Manager.
- Adapt, communicate and implement Merchandising Guidelines for all launches and animations, in order to ensure perfect execution across all store types, on time and in line with budget.
- Feeding back to the relevant Global teams on market specific needs, clearly identifying the needs of the UK business.
- Creating and managing the graphic updates, for new launches, onto core merchandising and launch collateral as outlined by the brand in a consistent way to the current overall look and feel of the brand.
- Responsible for perfect on counter execution of all VM activities across all points of sale
- Manage external suppliers to ensure all collateral is produced within budget parameters and delivered on time
- Responsible for budget and financial administration of nominated areas within the VM department
- Partner with external supplier in the provision of counter maintenance to an exceptional level, tracking and reporting progress to key brand stakeholders
- Develop, collate and update universal fixture list and lightbox database. To maintain/create a Core VM visual database for the UK market.
- Responsible for the allocation and execution of launches, also ensuring each counter is executing VM collateral to the best of their ability.
- Managing the visual updates in store, ensuring these are ordered and implemented correctly in the field - including lightboxes and Core VM graphics.
- Lead regular field visits to ensure that all visual implementation in-store is of a high standard and consistent brand image guidelines and in line with any brand merchandising agreement.
- Adapting Global planograms and create UK specific planograms for all merchandising collateral.
- Undertake regular VM reviews of each activity, collating and producing quantitative and qualitative feedback, key learnings and future recommendations
- Continuously appraise external suppliers to maximise efficiency and return on investment
- Manage communication with market, ensure all needs are met for both launch and permanent visual merchandising collateral. Providing guidance where necessary
- 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably with degree; beauty industry / brand experience strongly preferred
- Can demonstrate creative flair and awareness of design and colour
- Can work collaboratively and cross functionally
- Strong commericial accumen, with the ability to analyse ROI
- Detail orientated
- Impeccable project management skills.
- Proven budget management and cost management skills
- Excellent sourcing, procurement and supplier management skills
- Experience of supporting and coordinating visual merchandising standards of retail outlets
- Luxury and global brand experience preferably in a beauty retail environment
- Understand and represent the brand attributes
- Excellent communication skills both externally and at all levels in the company, both written and verbal
- Enthusiastic, self-confident and self-motivated
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and driven to continually improve
- Successfully able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Ensure all team/department reporting is completed on a timely basis
- Ensure detailed records are kept of regional activity
- Strongly self-managing, creates own measures of success
- Works effectively and efficiently
- Willing to travel across the UK regularly
- Microsoft Office & Adobe Package proficiency