The Vice President of Merchandising is responsible for the successful development, communication and execution of Merchandising goals and strategies for all product categories for Fendi, NA. Reporting to the President, the Vice President of Merchandising will set the organization's buying vision and its execution in order to meet and exceed financial goals and client expectations. Leading the Merchandising team, the Vice President of Merchandising inspires a customer-focused, innovative and team-oriented approach; sharing key learnings and driving initiatives across the business for the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.
- Responsible for the development and execution of seasonal strategic assortments and OTB plans by category in accordance with overall business strategies and financial plans.
- Partner with cross functional teams - WW Merchandising team, Retail Executives, and Store Management - to identify and maximize opportunities across the business.
- Utilize market expertise to optimize product assortments and buy quantities by addressing local market needs and product segmentation; develop deep market knowledge through feedback from stores, CRM data, client profile, and client feedback.
- Analyze selling trends and react by initiating reorders and managing strategic inventory transfers; travel to key markets as needed to ensure business needs are identified and addressed.
- Deliver consistent qualitative and quantitative feedback to planning and WW Merchandising teams.
- Partner with the Supply Chain team and Visual Merchandising team to ensure proper delivery timing and execution of planned visual display.
- Partner with the Store planning, Retail, Supply Chain and Visual Merchandising teams to maximize sales by category through effective and efficient store zoning; ensure consistent inventory management by forecasting sales and ensuring proper inventory levels to achieve sales plans and sell through targets.
- Partner with the CRM team for client analysis to ensure the client profiles are aligned with the larger assortment strategy.
- Ensure synergies between retail and our wholesale partners in terms of messaging, communications, merchandising strategies, and key investments.
- Make recommendations to identify and address store training, recruitment and productivity opportunities in partnership with Human Resources & Retail Leadership.
- Manage yearly calendar to communicate and align key activities for merchandising, store planning, events, CRM initiatives, and other activities as needed.
- Lead and develop the Merchandising team and identify high-potential talents within the organization.
- 10+ years of progressive Merchandising Managerial experience in luxury fashion, with exposure to all product categories preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Ability to leverage data to project consumer insights and trends.
- Strong understanding of the luxury business needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- International and domestic travel 50% as needed.