Develop and execute strategic marketing programs for Dior's Color and Skincare businesses in accordance with Management's objectives. Meet growth objectives and contribute to overall corporate profit through new product launches, as well as the ongoing support of basic business within a given outlined budget. Oversee implementation of promotion and strategy aligning with key retailer objectives. Manage, train, develop and motivate direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and implement North American Marketing strategies for color and skincare categories with a focus on topline growth and increasing market share and rank for Dior.
- Lead, plan, and execute launch programs including: adapting launches for North American market, forecast launch quantities - full 360 launch plans.
- Develop seasonal marketing calendar to maximize launches and strategic focus. Responsible at all times for accuracy of calendars.
- Develop strong working relationship with Central Marketing team. Communicate regularly to outline market specific needs, provide feedback on launches including category analysis with US specific needs (i.e., shades, claims, name, formula, competition, trends, gaps/opportunities in product portfolio, etc.).
- Track retail sales and overall product performance monthly in order to anticipate and react to changing environment.
- Issue quarterly trend report to France including NPD competitive information, new product launches, social media trends, etc.
- Lead and drive merchandising initiatives for all distribution channels.
- Work closely with Key Account Managers to customize programming per Retailers (Sephora, Nordstrom, Macy's, Dillard's, etc.) in order to maximize sales & visibility per account.
- Build and revise annual budget (promotional spending). Reconcile actual to budget spending monthly to make sure that spending is on target.
- Plan special events and launch activities to promote basic business and link-selling.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Sales Administration to develop accurate and strategic forecasts for new products. Recommend adjustments to basic business forecasts based on new product projections. Take proactive approach toward saleable and non-saleable inventory through monthly updates. Ensure correct inventory of saleable line items to minimize out of stocks and inventory excesses.
- Supervise and lead direct reports on daily activities to ensure alignment on strategic focus, on-time performance, and accuracy of information.
- Ensure testers and merchandising units are forecast according to usage and to budget to ensure maximum efficiency and minimize out of stocks and excess inventory.
- Work with Education team to evolve the Marketing strategy and its implementation in seasonal seminars.
- Establish and maintain strong/supportive individual and team relationships with cross-functional groups (Sales, Education, Merchandising, Creative, PR, and Finance) to enhance achievement of objectives. Ensure all are fully informed of marketing plans (and any changes) on a timely basis.
- Spearhead development of seasonal sales sell-in materials.
- Prepare and present product marketing calendar and support programs at seasonal Sales Conferences.
- Two times per year prepare and present seasonal marketing calendar and programs to all Retailer. Develop working relationship with retailers to maximize growth and retailer specific needs.
- Spearhead all procedures, forms, analyses and reports critical to the execution of marketing plans. Delegate execution as appropriate.
- Propose retail-pricing recommendations for all new products and price increases on existing SKUs.
- Liaise frequently with Operations team to ensure all programs arrive on time, highlighting any potential issues to management.
- Establish field relations at appropriate levels for information exchange; take regular field trips to get first-hand Beauty Stylist feedback on launches, etc.
- Attend Education seminars to gain Brand philosophy and product knowledge.
- Complete other projects, analyses, or job-related activities on a timely basis as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of Marketing experience in the beauty industry. Sephora experience a plus.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, good oral and written presentation skills, as well as excellent computer skills, including Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Exhibit a keen ability to be proactive as well as handle a multitude of projects at one time.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Should be a strategic thinker, an "influencer," a consensus builder, and excellent team player.
- A proven and successful people-management track record.
- Experience being a North America local affiliate market with product development teams abroad.
- Working conditions include 60% office work, 25% travel, and 15% supervision.