MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Create and align strategies, including their priorities and tactical execution, with the mission and vision of both the Guerlain brand and the organization. Develop and direct marketing plans with a view to increasing local U.S. market share, competitive positioning, and profitability. Role will oversee the areas of trade marketing, PR, and retail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute as an active member of the executive committee to overall business planning and decision making.
- Nurture relationships with the Paris headquarters in order to contribute to and ultimately achieve total global alignment in brand imaging.
- Create Strategy for Digital and Social Media programs to ensure alignment with global brand strategy.
- Protect brand integrity and drive business initiatives through the conception and execution of innovative marketing strategies appropriate to the local market.
- Maintain profound customer intimacy and on-going competitive intelligence in order to identify new opportunities to maximize business categories as well as reduce costs.
- Partner with Finance and develop three-year business plans.
- Oversee the financial analysis of cost of goods, gross margins, and monitoring and tracking of brand budgets.
- Work with Creative Services, Operations, and Marketing on the development of original and brand-right print, packaging and promotional materials.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing on the creation of promotional planning from concept through ship dates.
- Interface with Sales, Sales Administration, and Marketing to manage POSM budgets and ensure forecasting accuracy.
- Provide Sales and Marketing with new product information for effective sales education and training.
- Develop retailer kits on launch brands and participate in retail presentations.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to ensure the delivery of basic business and POSM projections on a timely basis as well as the achievement of all ranking and distribution objectives for the brands including gross shipping budget & dates.
- Avoid the unbalanced seasonal and category investment scenario that results from any substantial swings in sales
- Lead and oversee all national advertising and media campaigns.
- Improve continually administrative systems, process efficiency and communications internally, as well as with all external partners and resources.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a strong marketing team to ensure high productivity and the achievement of all functional goals.
- Conduct all other job-related activities.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study; MBA preferred
- 15+ years of Marketing experience in prestige cosmetics and fragrance industry; Sephora experience preferred
- Strong understanding of strategic marketing, advertising and sales
- Able to analyze and manage complex financial data
- Demonstrated creative thinking and excellent organizational skills
- Strong leadership abilities to manage and develop a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Located in New York corporate office
- Travel required based on needs of the business