The Fendi internship program is intended to place students in real-life business situations that provide learning opportunities and educational experiences otherwise unattainable in a classroom setting. At the same time, the program is structured as a complement to the training received by the students in their school programs.
Title of intern: Wholesale Intern
Department and location: Wholesale, Corporate Office, New York City
Internship timeframe: Fall 2018
Please note that this is a full-time internship (5 days a week).
- Assist account managers with Weekly/Monthly by location/style selling and trend reports for all product categories as requested.
- Responsible for organization of the 2Jours monogramming process, including logging in and shipping (typically less than 1hour/day). This includes customer service and communication with wholesale partners.
- Responsible for sample trafficking and wholesale sample closet, including coordinating messengers and availability for photo shoots based upon agreed styles/look.
- Prepare product books and pricing for market campaign.
- Assist account managers with market appointments. Maintain visual merchandising in showroom during market.
- Assist account managers with reviewing market orders and order entry process.
- Prepare an Order Book for each major department stores and specialties.
- Prepare strategic Product Training presentation for morning clinic and distribution to stores based on accounts.
- Organize morning clinic, including assist models with styling and presentation/logistical needs.
- Assist with preparing copy information for department stores to romance the product and support sales.
- Support various day-to-day activities for wholesale department.
- Prepare market analysis of potential accounts including brand matrix, brand perception, market location, company profile, competitive analysis and target customer.
- Matrix analysis of new points of distribution
- Competitor online analysis
70% of the job will be related to Leather Goods and Shoes.
What the intern will learn:
Fendi is committed to ensuring that its internships provide a valuable learning experience for its interns. In connection with this internship, Fendi anticipates that the intern will gain experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Building relationships with key partners (Buyers, Department DSAs) and shadow negotiation skill.
- Analytical skills - proficiency to integrate department stores selling reports.
- Presentation skills - prepare product training and participate in morning clinics
- Critical thinking - always ready to adapt to change during unexpected situation.
- Product & Industry knowledge - involve in most wholesale meetings.
- Organizational skills - Responsible for sample and 2jours monogramming trafficking.